Ch93 Forgot Me?

I thanked Flynn and slid out of mess before Killer would laser burn me.
Where would I go?

"Hey Rennieee!".
Med care, obviously.

"Oh thank god you're here! I should have made a better wish if I knew it was coming true."
Ren lit up just looking at me.

"You needed me badly, Didn't you?"
"Ofcourse I did! Now read this and tell me what did I miss."

She handed me a folder of six pages with clean handwritten points.

I read the caption 'Sparring session - Cdr and miss Jane'

I'd be damned!
She wrote six pages of that session that lasted for barely five minutes.
And she still thinks she missed something?

I read it and I was scared to say the least. I could not have ever imagined anyone jolting down each and every moment of a casual sparring session by looking at it just once.

"How did you do this?"
I asked her hiding no surprise.

"Practice, woman. For first few months of my second posting here, he used to make me stand and watch him and Willy practice fighting for hours. I had to write each and every move sequence-wise without missing any details, if I want to have a sparring session with him myself."

I've never seen Uncle and Killer fight. And by 'never seen' I mean I could never see everything that happens. It's a sequence of wooshes of air. Noticing those details, remembering it till you write, and writing each and everything - I can never do it. One would miss a lot of moves by just blinking their eyes. Even if my life is on a knife's edge, I can not use my brain to such an extent.

"What if you miss out something?"
I ask her already knowing the answer.

"I remember them for life, thanks to the sessions I'd have after the discussion is over."
She said exhaling loudly.

"So much just to train under him."
"This is nothing. I've done worse."
She laughed loudly.

"I'm listening."
When have I ever said no to stories?

"I was in my course when I met him, you remember I told you? So, I found out that he was going to be posted at KMA right after that course gets over. I decided that I have to get there anyhow. Upon doing some more research, I found out that the Medic at KMA was due for his posting in two months. If I had completed that course, I would have been posted to some other location for sure. So in the last few days, I took a few medicines and got myself severe gastritis. They had to admit me and I couldn't complete my course. I got better by the time next course started. Till then I had used all my contacts to ensure that I am the officer that replaces the Medic at KMA after completion of this second course. Things fell into place and my plan worked just as I had thought."
She said all this with a grin on her face.

"Tell me you are lying. Tell me you are not as crazy as the boys. Tell me!"

"I'm sorry sweetpea. I am as crazy as them. Luckily during my first posting here, they were not here at KMA. Thank god for that - Colonel agreed to train me. If Willy was here, he'd never train me."

"So this is the second time you got posted here?"
"Yep. Colonel understood that I'm using contacts again, so he made me pay for it before I get what I actually came here for."

"The torture of just looking and writing. And sweating for missing out points. Right?"
"Bingo. You have started understanding things, girl!"

"I'm becoming one of you, I can feel it. Hey! Did Uncle not catch your unnatural illness back at the course?"
"You bet my ass he didn't! He gave me heavy verbal doses since I was off the training. I would feel like a loser everytime he scolded me. But that made my decision to get posted to his academy stronger. I knew if there's anyone in the forces that can teach me how to channelize my energy correctly, it's him."