Field Trip (Pt. 7)

The evening continued without incident for the most part. No Avengers walked in on dinner, so it was pretty peaceful, except for the fact that I could feel everyone staring at me. No one would talk to me, because Flash told them not to. Well Ned would have talked to me, but he was busy ranting to MJ about how good the food was, so I was just quiet and played with my food. I got so bored through the meal that at one point I reached out to see if Wanda was still in my head, and she was, so I had a hilarious conversation with her. However, my classmates must think I am more insane than they already thought I was, because at times I was literally just sitting there, smiling at nothing. Or I would laugh at random intervals, and it caused some concerned glances. Nonetheless, nobody said anything, so things were as normal as they could get... until now.

     We're all in our room currently, getting ready for bed. They stuck us all in one room, with girls on the right and guys on the left, with the strict order of "no funny business." 

     Everyone is playing truth or dare, except for me. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone will ask me about how I know the Avengers, and I'd like to steer clear from that. The only problem is, I'm trying to sleep. And my classmates aren't exactly quiet. 

     I check my watch. 12:02 A.M. Do these people ever sleep? I roll over and cover my head with my pillow, trying to block out Charlie's shrill hyena laugh. 

     And that's when I feel it. That Peter Tingle I've come to know, hate, and love.

     I'm Spider-Man. I have a job to do. 

     Only problem is, how do I get around my classmates? 

     I can't climb out through the window, they'll see that. But the only other way out is the door...

     I decide to just improvise it. The back of my neck is itching and the hairs on my arms are standing up, and people need me now more than ever. I climb off the bunk bed, slowly, and creep to the door, not making a single sound. I open the door-

     "Hey Parker, where the hell do you think you're going?" Flash sneers.

     "...The bathroom..."

     Vanessa tilts her head. "There are bathrooms in here."

     So I say the first thing that comes to my mind. Ever notice how "first" and "worst" rhyme? There's a reason for that.

     "I've got to dump a big one." And I bolt out of the room. Quick reaction time? I'm the literal god of that. Quick thinking? Not my forte.

     As I sprint down the hallway, I tell Karen to activate my suit. It comes out of my watch and surrounds me. I made the suit watch a few weeks ago, to help keep my cover better. Mr. Stark helped me with it, but I did most of it (BTW This is the first suit Tony gave him. He isn't Iron Spider yet).

     The nape of my neck is burning now. Whatever's happening, the situation is getting worse, and I don't have a second to lose. 

     I need the quickest way out of the building.

     Where? How?

     I do the first thing that I think of. 

     Run. 

     Full speed. 

     Straight at the window.

      The glass shatters as the full force of my body hits it, and as I free fall, I realize-

     We're on the 70th floor.

     "Crapcrapcrap Karen!" I frantically yell as I fall. "What's the chances of me surviving this fall?"

     "Slim to none, Peter."

     "Well I'd really like to optimize my chances of freaking survival, got any tips?"

     "Activate your wings and fly at the tower, sticking to it."

     "That'll hurt like hell!"

     "The other option is to plummet the remaining 600 feet."

     "...Dammit. Karen, activate wings!"

     The wings slide out and I curve my body back towards the tower, riding the wind, and I practically eat it. I slam against it hard enough to crack the glass, and just kind of stick there, mentally screaming.

     "Multiple broken and fractured ribs detected, Peter."

     "Gee thanks, I wouldn't have guessed. Now where's the trouble?"

     "Alley on 5th street. Armed kidnapping."

     "Got it."

     I gently peel myself off the building and allow the wings to catch the wind until I get low enough to sling my way across the city.

     When I finally arrive on 5th street, touching down silently behind them, I start to say something snarky. 

     "Hello creeps, what do- MJ?!?!?" 

     The kidnappers turn around, and the girl with the gun against her head is... MJ.

     Why, God?

     "Pe-Spider-Man?"

Yo, kind of short chapter today. I gift to you...

The cliffhanger!

Enjoy  >:)

Word Count: 787