XVIII. Revelations in a river.

Bold= Swedish.

E I G H T E E N | REVELATIONS IN A RIVER

By the time they had got back to camp (Finn and Bellamy rightfully ignored Carter's attempts with the directions,) and got all the people they needed, it was already midday. Carter didn't really know where the time went giving that she was up and out of camp by the crack of dawn. Quite literally.

The yellow sumlight filtered through the thick trees and down onto the dirt path that at least two dozen teens were strolling down. Clarke suggested only taking a few of the Hundred so the camp wasn't left completely vulnerable.

Bellamy was the one in the lead, considering he was the only one to know the location of the radio. Clarke and Finn were somewhere in the middle of the search group, talking in hushed tones, the former of the two looked less than pleased. And then Carter and Raven were at the back, walking behind a few of the stragglers. The air was light with mindless chatter as the Hundred pursued their trek through the forest. . Most of them had never truly left the walls of camp, so they spent most of their time marvelling at the beauty Earth had to offer.

Even though, to Carter, it was just trees. And every tree looked the same.

There was a companionable silence between Raven and Carter. They were both just happy to be reunited again. Growing up, Finn, Raven and Carter were near on inseparable. They acted as each other's rocks-- kept each other grounded-- Raven more than the other two. Her mother may as well of abandoned her, she hardly ever fed Raven and showed her little to no affection. Carter had only been friends with the young mechanic for a few months when she noticed just how under-malnourished Raven was. When Finn confronted her, both Carter and him decided to share their rations with the girl. That was all Raven needed to know they weren't the kind of friends that were temporary.

They were her salvation.

It was the same with Carter. Whenever her father had upset her by accident or she couldn't stand to be around him, she would always run to either Raven or Finn's (not that it made much difference, they lived right next to each other) and without a second of a doubt, her two closet friends were there for her.

A week was the longest they went without seeing each other, even when Finn was in prison.

"He misses you, you know." Raven suddenly spoke, slicing through their silence like a sharp knife.

"Huh?" Carter hummed something unintelligible, still half lost in her thoughts.

"Your father," Raven elaborated. That was enough to snap Carter back into reality, her full attention focused on her childhood friend as she continued. "He misses you."

"Are we thinking about the same man?" Carter quirked an eyebrow. "My father doesn't know the meaning of the word 'miss', you should know that."

"I thought so too. Turns out, Kane does have a weak spot," Raven nudged Carter's shoulder in a playful manner. "You."

"... H-How do you know that?"

Raven shrugged. "Doesn't take a genius, Carter. You could just see it on his face. He was devistated when he found out you were on the ground."

A moment of silence fell over the two as Carter mulled over the information Raven had given her. So he did miss her. She had asked herself that question every day since the second they landed, Does he miss me? Sure, it was a normal response for a father to miss their daughter, especially in Carter's situation. But those dads weren't Kane. The man best known for his lack of emotion.