From Darkness to Light (II)

"We shall drape the walls and the ceiling with garlands of peonies and apple blossoms." Lucy declares as she looks around the place "What do you think, Mr.Grayson"?

"Whatever pleases Miss Murray." Alexander says watching Lucy run around the place checking everything "I want this party to be perfect for her."

"Thank you, Mr. Grayson. Are you quite sure..." I ask again feeling guilty that he was having such an expense because of me.

"Of course." he is quick to tranquilize me "It'll be honor to host this party. All for a good cause."

"And candelabras. Silver candelabras everywhere, on the tables and in all the floral arrangements." Lucy continues

"Candelabras it will be." Alexander agrees.

"Mina?" Lucy calls out noticing me watching her amused in the corner. She comes to me and grabs my hand. "Mina, darling, come here. I want to show you how you're going to make your entrance."

"Why would I make an entrance?"

"It's your party darling."

"No. It's my father's party, better yet it's the hospital's party, I'm simply arranging it."I remind her

"Just look at me" she commands and then she stairs walking down the stairs and looking wonderful while doing it. She was clearly in her natural element.

"Just amuse me, will you?" she begs leading me up the stairs "Now walk down the stairs in an elegant, almost royal pose, if you will. Command the room attention."

I take a quick look to the side and notice Jonathan had arrived and was currently talking with Alexander.

"Mina, focus!" Lucy instructs me "Now remember, you don't walk down the stairs, you glide."

An elegant, almost royal pose. I think I can manage that. I take a deep breath and try my best to channel my inner Ilona. It came as a second nature to her, surely I still remember how to do it.

I smile sweetly at Lucy and calmly start making my way down the stairs. My eyes betray me and immediately find Alexander. He was alone now, and his attention was all on me, and for a moment, just a single moment I felt as if it was just the two of us in the world. And I thought on nothing else as I came down the stairs.But unfortunately the spell was broken once I reach the end and I had to look away.

Lucy laughs content and grabs my hand.

"See that wasn't so bad, was it?" she asks amused

She leads to another part of the house, Alexander following us close behind.

"Fireworks, we must have fireworks with our aperitifs." Lucy states exited making all sorts of plans

"Lucy, do stop. You'll make Mr. Grayson regret his hospitality." I warn her making her laugh amused

"Nonsense." he reassures once again

"We're ready for another test run." a man said appearing from another room as he cleaned his hands with a towel.

"Ladies, this is my chief engineer, Mr. Kowalski." he introduces "I'll be down in a minute." he says making the man turn around and leave trough the same place he had come from.

"Is he referring to the resonator machine?" I ask curious

"Yes" he replies

"Are you testing it now?" I ask exited

"Just routine." he explains "If you'd like to stay and watch, you can."

I nod exited and I look at Lucy wanting to see what her answer was.