Alone on Cloud 9 (3)

So, while I don’t want to give anything away, I’m just going to say right now, the incident is NOT that Michael cheated on her, it’s a pretty common thing and not nearly big enough to cause the kind of scandal the real thing will be. That’s all I’m saying though.

PS. The picture on the side is Arya Simons

Comment and Vote?

Cheers,

xo.

**************************************************

She likened it to a childhood crush, such strong almost obsessive feelings, but more, it had depth. She felt attracted to everything about him, the way he talked, the way he dressed, the words he used, his apparent innocence…

-If You Could See Me Now 

Chapter 3                     Grade 10           

December 4

I glanced up at the clock and continued shoveling food into my mouth, not bothered by the looks Amanda was shooting my way.

I rolled my eyes at her and gestured at the time.

"Rehearsal, we have to go."

She sighed impatiently. "What's the big deal if we're a few minutes late, no one will even notice."

I gave her a skeptical look, which she ignored while picking the lettuce and tomato out of her burger.

"No one will notice? Considering we'll be running through our scenes, I'm pretty sure they will notice."

"What's the big deal anyway? It's just a play, I'll learn my lines the night before and it'll be all good. Besides Arya, there’s a little thing in the acting world calling winging it."

If she'd glanced up once during our conversation I'm sure she would have noticed my jaw nearly hanging to the ground, but as it was it took another few moments of speechlessness before she noticed the silence and looked up.

"Wait a minute, opening night is in one week and you don't know your lines yet? You know we'll be performing this in front of a live audience Mandy, all our friends and parents?"

She shrugged and I had to restrain myself from hitting her upside the head.

Without another word I stood up from the table, glaring until she finally rolled her eyes and dropped her nearly untouched food.

Another dramatic sigh and she was up. Most of the time I loved Amanda, but when it came to the play she just didn't understand. You'd think being so overdramatic all the time would make her a great actor. Well, you would be wrong.

We started making our way across the cafeteria and l glanced back at the centre table, disappointed again that Michael had been a no show. I didn't have long to wallow though, because a table in the corner erupted into catcalls and whistles.

Startled, I looked over to see that a group of boys I'd never noticed before was the source of the commotion.

Looking around it was clear, since we were the only two standing, that the cause of it was the two of us.

Amanda immediately stood up taller, stuck out her chest and smiled flirtatiously at the group of boys. I envied her confidence even as my gaze hit the floor, my cheeks already burning at the attention that was obviously meant for her.