Life goes on

"This is difficult..." Skull said as he tried to reach for the bottles of drinks that were on top of the fridge.

You should have taken a chair

Skull startled by the voice fell on his butt.

"You are...!" He yelled in surprise which was unlike him, but luckily for him there was nobody around him.

Yeah! Long time no see, I'm your conscience named Kazu! You seems to be doing good.

At that, Skull stayed on the ground unmoving and looked deeply at the floor while contemplating his past memories.

"Yeah, it's better than before" he said with a smile creeping up on his face.

You know masks are good but don't forget who you were.

"The one who was drowning? I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better for me to forget it." Skull said bitterly as he stood up.

But aren't you flying now?

"...Yeah I am"

Then I will come back later

"Later?"

This later, may be the last thought

"I see"

"Then, I guess I'll see you later"

.

.

.

.
.

"This baby is ugly." Skull states with a tint of mischievousness as he looked at the red and wrinkly newborn baby.

Luce looked at Skull tiredly and chuckled.

"Of course all babies are like that when they are born, but they are still cute." She said as she kissed her daughter's forehead.

"A mother's love is sure powerful" skull muttered as he looked the baby who was sleeping peacefully.

"Such small fingers..." He said as he poked them gently afraid to break them if he put more strength in them.

".....they didn't come in the end" Luce said as she looked at the empty space around the room.

Silence appeared once again in the room, Skull stayed quiet. Looking at her baby, she was starting to remember the good times they passed as a team, the room was always filled and no empty space could be seen. They liked taking places with their stuffs, and Fon was the one taking the most surprisingly. He liked putting burning scent for relaxing, as well as putting dozen of package of tea leaves on the cupboard. It felt nice to smell of tea and burning scent.

Even thought, sometimes it was complete silence, it wasn't lonely.

"Had some expectations?" Skull finally asked as he gently stroked the baby's bald head.

Luce stayed unresponsive when she heard this. Of course she had some expectations, the group that was always next to her, keeping her company. Often telling her that they wished to see the baby who will be born. It was a real blessing for her, but now it seemed like this blessing was no more at her side.

She knew that her uncle warned her about those feelings that would soon come and bite her back. She remember when Maria told her to not get too much emotionally attached or afterwards the emotions would slowly come and eat her heart.