Chapter 37

My eyes scanned through the list trying to recall if I had left anything. I was making a list of the things I needed and made up making a list. I am yet to let Caleb know that I was going to Paris in less than two weeks. I had no idea how he would react but he needed to know. Somehow, he made it in my life and I felt guilty for not letting him know about the decision. But I would tell him as soon as possible. In fact, I would let him know the next time he comes to my apartment.

Jenny didn't leave and is still in my apartment cooking me food even though I was perfectly fine now. I was more worried for Caleb since Jenny was with me. I told him that it was okay for Jenny to go back to his service but he straight forward refused and I was tired of arguing with him.

I had to buy a big luggage bag for packing. I was going to leave the USA and I had no idea even after completing my diploma, I would ever come back. Perhaps, I would get a job there or somewhere else and think of settling there. I had no one in the US except for my head nun who took care of me back in the orphanage. If I would ever come back to the US then I would definitely to meet.

I had to meet her before I left but that means, I had to travel twelve hours by bus to reach the orphanage. I had so many work to do. So, I got ready, picking up the list as I made my way to the door.

"Are you going somewhere? What about lunch?" Jenny asked as she walked to me from the kitchen.

"I am going out for shopping. You can have the lunch," I smiled at her and turned to leave.

"But you can't eat outside. The doctor has clearly told you to not eat anything from outside. You are still on medications and Mr. Theller would be mad at me," Jenny told me as I sighed.

"I am fine now, Jenny. And I can eat once in a while. I have been at home for a long time and I am tired. I want to go outside. I can't just sit at home just for a small incident like that," I told her and she shook her head.

"It was not small. You were poisoned," she argued and I looked at the ceiling. Clearly Caleb had worked on her and taught her how to speak to me.

"Ok. You know what? Let's go outside together," I told her and she tilted her head to the side.

"Yes! Together. You need a break as well. You do my house chores, cook for me and you only watch Netflix the whole day. You must be bored as well. Let's go out! If you will be with me then Caleb won't get mad at you, right? And you can help me with my shopping and keep an eye on me, right?" I told her while she stared at me for some minute but then nodded reluctantly as I beamed with excitement and waited till she got ready.

~

"What do you think about this bag? Oh, look! It's on sale," I said as I dragged the large bag out from under the rack and Jenny nodded. She looked gorgeous for her age. She wore a white shirt and black jeans and braided her brown hair to her side.

"But why do you need such a large bag, Ms. Carter?" she asked as she helped me handling the bag.

"You need a large bag because you pack the whole damn thing you own when you travel," I laughed and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you going to travel somewhere Ms. Carter?" she asked and I nodded.

"Stop calling me Ms. Carter will you? I am not your boss. Caleb is. Call him whatever you want but please stop calling me that!" I told her as I recalled telling her to call me Sang.

"Alright," she chuckled and I looked down at the large purple-colored bag, inspecting its weight and space inside it. Finally. I chose to take and we made our way to the billing counter when Jenny got a call. She excused herself and went to the side to pick up the call.