Chapter 55

Indistinctive sound of people talking and yelling was the first thing that came to my ears as my eyes slowly fluttered open and as it adjusted to the light, I took in that for the second time ever, I was kidnapped and bound to a chair. It looked like an apartment. But with no furniture, just a vacant apartment and as I turned my head, I saw Ruth tied down on a chair as her head hung low and she was unconscious.

Memories of the last time when I was conscious came flooding into my mind as I remembered I got the news from Caleb that they succeeded in getting Giselle. She was finally in police custody and as I was getting back to Caleb's penthouse, I met Hailey and someone hit me hard in my head.

Wait! Hailey?

What has she got anything to do with this?

My baby.

I looked down at my belly hoping nothing should have happened to my kid. And to top of that, I knew Caleb must have been worried because he was in the call when all this thing happened. But that's a good point since he must be knowing that Hailey was the one who kidnapped us and I knew him and Nathan would do everything to get us back.

Ruth was still unconscious and I grew worried as I looked at her. I tried my best to wriggle my hand and my head and finally got the cloth wrapped around my mouth out of the way as I whispered at Ruth.

"Ruth!"

"Ruth! Can you hear me?"

"Ruth!"

All my calls were going in vain as I got no response and I was getting anxious thinking if something happened to her. So, I used my body to drag the chair near to her and as I did, it produced some noise and I watched as her eyes squinted and her head raised as she groaned and slowly fluttered her eyes open.

"Ruth!"

She looked my way and winced, immediately closing her eyes and I knew she was hit at the side of her neck as there was a big bruise forming under her ear and she looked my way as she said something but I couldn't quite get it as her words were muffled by the cloth over her mouth.

"Try to get it off your mouth!" I told her and she nodded as she tried her best and finally got it out of her mouth.

"Oh damn it!" she exhaled out loudly and looked my way.

"What the hell is going on? Are you alright?" she asked immediately and I looked back at the door and asked her to lower her voice fearing anyone would hear us and they would come to harm us.

"Yes, I am alright! Its Hailey. I was in a call with Caleb and he told me that they succeeded in getting Giselle but Hailey kidnapped us and the first thing she told me before I lost my consciousness is 'You have got my mother there, I will get your girlfriend here',"

"What?" she looked confused but whispered yelled at me.

"I think she is related to Giselle and since Giselle got in police custody she is using us to get her free," as I said that the door of the room opened and I heard clicking of heels as two bulky men walked in followed by none other than Hailey herself. Dressed in olive green cami tops and deep blue jeans and black stilettos. She flicked her long curly hair as her blue eyes fell on me.

"That's right! I'm going to use you two to get my mother free," she told me and Ruth stomped her legs as I looked back at her to find her seething in anger.

"This is not right! How dare you kidnap us? My son is going to find you and make your life a living hell," she hissed at her and all Hailey did was laugh shaking her head, finding this hilarious.

"Calm down, Ruth," I whispered at her and she inhaled and exhaled loudly. I marked how her breathing was turning odd and I grew worried about her health condition.