5

It was nearing the end of the holidays when Orpheus was sent his Hogwarts letter. During the Holidays, he had all of his lessons from Narcissa and Lucius, Severus had taught him potions, Tom had taught him Defense Against the Dark Arts and Remus had finally gotten around to teaching how to get into his wolf form, which was a light grey wolf with blue eyes. Orpheus had called his wolf form River and often used River to cuddle with Draco. Both Orpheus and Draco had been taught Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts to 6th Year level and they were hoping to beat Granger and wipe that stupid grin off her face. It was in the afternoon when the letters came. Orpheus picked his up and looked at the envelope. It said,

Orpheus Lupin Black,

The Heirs Bedroom

Grimmauld Place

Orpheus opened it and looked at the equipment. Luckily he already had his robes and he had all of the books, so he was alright. Draco burst through the floo into Orpheus' room. "Did you get your letter?" he asked. Orpheus nodded. "Luckily we both already have the books needed." Draco laughed. He sat on the armchair in the room and Orpheus turned into River and jumped onto Draco's lap. The two stayed there cuddling.

---------------

It was September 1st and the two boys had already packed their trunks. Orpheus had been told that Sirius and Remus were going to Hogwarts as joint DADA teachers and they had confirmed it the day before. Orpheus was happy because that meant his parents plus one of his uncles would be at Hogwarts. The Adults that weren't going to Hogwarts said goodbye to the two boys and Tom cried. Sirius slipped Orpheus a note that enabled him to visit him that evening after curfew. Orpheus promised that he would visit with Draco that evening and the two of them got on the train. Draco and Orpheus wondered the train until they found the compartment Draco's friends were in. Draco went in and Orpheus followed. He stood at the door. "Hi, I'm Orpheus Lupin-Black, Draco's Mate." The Compartment was still silent. Orpheus sat down next to Draco and thats when everyone started talking. The girl next to Draco introduced herself to Orpheus as Daphne Greengrass, There was Pansy Parkinson who was actually really nice, Blaise Zabini, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. Soon Orpheus was accepted into their friendship group and was chatting with them. This was interrupted when a certain bushy haired beaver knocked on the door. She opened the door and froze. Draco growled. "What do you want Granger?" Granger gulped. "I was just letting all of the compartments know that at the feast, there will be a five minute silence for Harry." She looked at Orpheus. "Who are you? You look new." Orpheus rolled eyes. "Yes I am new. My name is Orpheus Lupin-Black. No need to tell me who you are. Bushy hair, large teeth, Hermione Granger." Hermione frowned, looking upset. She then left them alone, probably gone to tell Weasley what had happened. 

Sure enough Ten Minutes later, Ron Weasley came storming into the compartment. He looked at Orpheus and smirked. He raised his wand. Orpheus quickly grabbed his wand and cast a Petrificus Totalus on him. Orpheus then let his magic seep towards Ron and the boy's eyes widened with fear. Orpheus growled, River was coming out. "You could have been my friend Weasley." he spat, even though it wasn't true River hoped it would scare the boy. "but instead you come in here and raise your wand at me. I'll have you know I have a lot of secrets and I have seen more and experienced more duels than you ever will." Orpheus got control of his body and unfroze the boy. Weasley squeaked and ran out of the room. Draco breathed. "Wow that was.." Orpheus blushed. "River took control for the first time." Draco laughed. "River can be cute whilst cuddling but he is certainly fierce." Daphne looked confused. "Who is River?" Orpheus smiled. "My Wolf side. I am a Half-Wolf which means I don't have the full moon transformations Were-Wolves do but I do have a Wolf form that I can go into at any time. He is a cub still and is quite shy so I can tranform into him but he will probably bury into Draco." Pansy squeaked. "Please do it!"