Next Steps

Theo closed the door excitedly behind Ezra, rubbing his hands together as he waddled over to the bed. Ezra turned the light on, amusement in his face. Theo patted the bed next to him, and Ezra took the seat. Theo got up and peeled off his shirt, tapping his belly as he did so.

  Ezra could see the small bump, although it would look like bloating to others, but Ezra has seen Theo's slim body any time and knows this is new. He placed his hands on Theo's belly, rubbing the bump excitedly.

  "Seeing how beautiful this bump is makes me so happy." Ezra leaned down and kissed the bump, causing a yelp to escape him. Lately, he's been so sensitive to touches from Ezra that it made him want to absolutely ravage Ezra. He blamed it on the hormone pills for a long time, but now he was starting to think that maybe he was just getting horny because he wanted to.

  A knock on the door startled them, and Theo wanted to slap himself due to his horniness in such a situation and guiltily walked to the door to open it. It was Austin.

  "Dr. Hall is here." He said. Theo popped his head out and spotted her checking on Mathew. He turned his attention back to Austin. "He'll be fine from what she said. They weren't too deep, just in trauma parts that made them bleed more."

  "That's good to hear." Ezra said from behind Theo. "We should find you two a place until you guys settle down and get to know each other."

  Austin bit his lip and shoved them into the room. Theo was startled at the action but complied as he walked to the bed. Once the door was closed and it was only them, Austin sighed.

  "Whats the matter?" Ezra asked.

  Theo watched as Austin turned towards them with a pleading glance. It didn't suit Austin's sarcastic behavior, so it made Theo immediately uncomfortable.

  "Mathew is an Omega from Defiant. Not only did he sever ties and run away, but he came to us. Gilbert will see this as a hostage situation due to Matthew not telling Gilbert he left." Austin expressed, his pleading face turned to angry scowling.

  Ezra brought a hand up to his chin, his face sharing the same expression as Austin's. "Then we make peace with him. If we give him the ring in exchange for Mathew and have a civil chat, he should back down." Ezra informed.

  "But what if he doesn't?" Theo asked, snagging both of their attentions. "A meeting could be the best time to spring a trap, and it could be the best time to strike a surprise attack on an unsuspecting pack with no leaders to help them."

  Ezra shook his head. "I digress," he walked over and sat next to Theo. "You will be here to watch over the pack. Me and Austin will have this conversation with Gilbert."

  Theo scoffed. "No! That's not happening. You can't keep sidelining me just because I'm pregnant."

  Ezra grabbed a hold of Theo's hand, bringing it up to kiss it. "I'm not sidelining you because you are pregnant, love. I'm keeping you safe since Gilbert wants you."

  Austin snorted. "More like he wants the babies." He muttered.

  Theo wrapped his arms around his stomach, hugging them. "I guess.... you are right, but I still don't want this to happen."

  "We need to. If we don't, it will just cause more problems." Ezra explained.

  Theo sighed, nodding his head. "Fine, but when will this take place? Shouldn't we get the pack involved?"

  Ezra nodded. "I'm going to tell the pack, along with Ty and Em." He reached a handover and comforted Theo. "Don't worry, we will be okay. It'll be a quick talk. We will even bring Lisbeth and Moses with us to keep you at ease."