𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧.

DRAGONS, ONE-SHOT
entertainment.

this one-shot has been adapted into its very own story! If you like this short series, check out my story 'inferno' !

Dragons. They traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it in East Asian culture.

A legendary monster usually conceived as a huge, bat-winged, fire-breathing, scaly lizard or snake with a barbed tail. The belief in these creatures apparently arose without the slightest knowledge on the part of the ancients of the gigantic, prehistoric, dragon-like reptiles.

Most stories tell the tale of these creatures as territorial predators that live in caves in the highest mountains or the blazing volcanoes. Greedy creatures stealing gold and jewels from kingdoms to cover themselves in riches. Or locals offering their valuables to ensure their kingdom avoids the beasts fiery wrath.

Unfortunately, you were that 'special' offering. Except cross out the special part and change offering into sacrifice. A young women from a small town sacrificed for 'practicing the dark arts'. The townsfolk wanted to burn you at the stake like any other witch. But, they thought it would be more beneficial if they were to offer the wise beast in the mountain, a young and beautiful maiden.

Truthfully, you never practiced any sort of dark art. Only refused a man that wished to wed you. He proclaimed that it was love at first sight! And that he would treat you better then the king himself. When in reality he wished to wed your sister in truth. He simply needed a way to speak with her since your sibling was rather reclusive and preferred not to talk to anyone outside her family.

She was the town's belle after all. A sight to see as many of the men would describe.

You denied him politely, saying that you were not interested in any romantic relation at the moment and began walking the other way. Soon, the town started speaking awfully about you. Calling you a wench and other profanities. When eventually you were reported to be a witch practicing black magic within your little home.

And so you were offered to the great beast that lived in the mountain side. You were tied up in a rickety wagon that was being pulled up the mountain by some heavily armed men. Iron swords and shields in hand.

You eventually arrived at the threshold of the cave. Pulled out of the wagon onto your feet before untying the tight ropes, before you could even try to run in the opposite direction you were shoved into the cave. As you stood and turned to try and reason with the men, they pointed their swords towards you blocking off the entrance of the cave. Making it impossible to leave.

"P-please! I have been wronged, can't you see?!" You cried out as the men now stepped forward forcing you further into the cave unless you wished to be stabbed by the sharp blades.

You weeped and cried as they continued to push you further. Eventually your cries were silenced by a loud roar, you froze in fear as the men ran for their lives. You wanted to run with them. They were too distracted to threaten you with their swords.

Make a run for it! Move! Why won't you move?! It was like your feet had been bolted to the floor. Before you could muster the courage to make a run for it, you felt something wrap around your legs. You gasped to see a large scale-y tail wrapped in a constricting hold, effortlessly lifting you off the ground.