fifty three, real life

HARRY

"drive me home, h?" athena asked. i gently smiled and nodded. we stood up from our table and went to my car.

the whole ride going to her house was silent. it wasn't the usual silent, comfortable atmosphere that we used to have, it was something else. it was strange and very foreign.

i sighed as my tears are almost forming in both of my eyes, i'd miss being around her but in order to make it easier for her, i'd rather leave her alone.

she was softly humming to the beat of the song playing on my car, just a little bit of your heart.

"i love this song, you know?"

i chuckled, "it's for you."

"what? that was a long time ago," she said.

"i told you, a. i've liked you ever since. i was just," i paused, thinking of the proper words to describe it, "afraid to admit it to myself. i wrote songs about you, a lot of times, yet i have only realized it till i was slowly losing you. it's just like what they all say, you don't appreciate what you have till it's gone."

"h-harry," she stuttered, "i don't know what to say."

i chuckled, "athena, you don't have to say anything. i don't want to ask anything in return from you, especially not love. i want you to love me because you love me, not because you feel pity that you do not."

silence wrapped our atmosphere again and the only sound playing is the song on the radio. minutes later, we have finally arrived in front of her house and there was another car waiting outside.

"dylan?" i asked, preferring to the parked car.

she softly nodded but not getting out of the car yet.

"harry," she started, "i'm sorry."

"hey, you don't need to apologize, love. this is life, sometimes what your heart desires isn't just for you." i said, "i love you, a. you don't need to respond. i just want to let you know."

then, just like that, she stepped outside the car. giving me a gentle smile which made my heart beat rapidly. she closed the door and began walking towards the entrance of her house. she gave me one last look and waved goodbye.

dylan went out the door and he pulled her inside harshly which made me get out of my car. he gave me a hard stare, "stay away from her, styles. i'm warning you," he said while walking towards me.

"why do you seem anxious, huh?"

he scoffed, "anxious? she's with me and forever will. she even chose me rather than you."

"athena's a smart woman. she'll soon realize that you do not deserve someone like her. hurt her once more, sprouse. you'll get to see hell."

i felt his knuckles hit my jaw which made me step back. i hit him back until athena came and stopped the both of us.

"what the fuck is wrong with the two of you?!" she screamed and went to dylan's side.

"that fucking asshole is getting on my nerves, babe," he defended.

"he started the fucking fight, a! what? do you just expect me to stand here and let him punch me?!"

"i expected better from you, harry!" she exclaimed which made dylan smirk.

i shook my head, "defending that prick, huh? i expected better from you too, a."

"just- just leave, harry."

"yeah, why don't you just leave, harry? go tell all the people who are head over heels for you what i did and cry to your mum," dylan added.

that son of a bitch. one day, he'll get what he deserves. so much for treating people with fucking kindness, harry.

i chuckled, shook my head, and left.