Chapter 13: Detention

The next morning there was mass confusion throughout Gryffindor, how could they have suddenly lost 220 points, yesterday they were in first place in the house cup, now they were in dead last. Soon the truth started to go around that four idiotic first years had lost it all in one night, and that the famous Harry Potter was one of them. For (Y/n) it wasn't too bad, he had dealt with bully for most of his life, same with Harry, and (Y/n) knew that Hermione was tough and that she could take it. But he worried for Neville. He hated to see people bully him, so he had made a habit of escorting Neville to all his classes, jinxing and hexing anyone who even looked at Neville funny.

"Flipendo" Said (Y/n) knocking a third year who had been muttering and pointing at Neville. "You don't have to do this (Y/n)" Said Neville weakly keeping his eyes firmly on the ground, he had been doing this since the incident, he hadn't made eye contact with anyone. "Nonsense Nev it's our fault you're even in this mess, it's the least I can do. Plus I get to try out some new spells" "But you could get in more trouble" "I've already lost seventy points what's a few more" (Y/n) laughed. Later that week the four of them and, (Y/n) assumed, Malfoy got a letter telling them about their detentions.

The rest of the week went by in a flash and before (Y/n) knew it he was being escorted by Filch through the halls and out of the castle. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid. Helping him out in the forest." Filch explained. "We can't go in the forest" Said Malfoy quickly. "What's wrong Mouthy? You scared" (Y/n) said that shut him up for the rest of the walk, although (Y/n) couldn't occasionally hear him muttering "father this" and "father that" "Hey Hagrid how you holding up?" Asked (Y/n) as they reached his cabin. "Oh I'm doin better" lied Hagrid as they could all see the tears stuck in his beard. "Oh pull yourself together man you're going into the forest" Said Filch annoyed.

After that Hagrid grabbed a crossbow and fang and lead them into the forest. Malfoy was still muttering about his father. "Oh can we just jinx him and leave him here?" (Y/n) muttered Hermione glared at him. "Oh come on no one would know. We could say it was an accident. Oh come on Hermione I'm getting pretty good and jinxing people" she punched him in the arm. "You could've just said no" he said as he rubbed his arm. They came to stop in front of a puddle of silvery liquid. "Hagrid is that unicorn blood?" Asked (Y/n) "That's exactly what it is (Y/n)" Said Hagrid "Something it someone 'as been in 'ere 'urting 'em. It's our job to find out what. Now then it'll be quicker if we split up. Harry you go with Malfoy. (Y/n), Hermione and Neville with me" "Fine but we get fang" said Malfoy quickly "Alright but I'll warn ye 'e's a bloody coward"

Harry, Malfoy and Fang went left and the rest of them went right. The walked on for a bit Hagrid and Neville in front, and (Y/n) and Hermione following behind. Suddenly there was a loud howl somewhere. Hermione quickly grabbed (Y/n)'s hand. "You alright?" He whispered to her. She didn't answer. "Don't worry Hermione if anything attacks us I'll just fight them" he joked putting his free hand into a fist and boxing the air. This got a slight giggle from Hermione. "Don't fall behind now" Said Hagrid from in front and the two of them ran to catch up with him, Hermione still clutching (Y/n)'s hand.

Suddenly Malfoy and Fang ran through the trees towards them he was completely pale and was stuttering about a monster in a robe. "What's wrong Mouthy? Did you see your reflection? That'd be enough to scare anyone" (Y/n) said. He ignored him and ran to Hagrid and explain that there was something in the forest and that he had met it. "And you just left Harry there?" Said Hermione angrily. "You bloody coward" said (Y/n) furiously his voice low. He let go of Hermione's hand and walked up to Malfoy till they were within inches of each other. "You just ran away and left Harry alone in the forbidden forest?" (Y/n) said his voice still low Malfoy still pale slowly nodded his head "Why am I not surprised?" Said (Y/n) as he took a few steps back. He turned to walk back to Hermione but just as he was about to turn he slammed his fist into Malfoy's face. Malfoy stumbled backwards and let out a groan of pain. "(Y/n)!" Shouted Hagrid. (Y/n) ignored him. "Where are you going?" Asked Hermione as (Y/n) walked past her. "To find Harry" he replied "You can't go by yourself" she pleaded with him "you don't know what's out there you could get killed" "So could Harry, and that greasy git just left him out there"

Just then there was the sound of hooves and a creature came out of the trees. He had the head and upper body of a man, but the legs and torso of a horse. Riding on his back was Harry. "Harry!" They all shouted except Malfoy who was still clutching his bleeding nose. The centaur said somethings to Hagrid, (Y/n) didn't pay attention he was too worried about Harry. "Are you okay Harry, what happened?" He asked. "I'm fine" Said Harry "what happened to Malfoy?" They all looked towards him to see that his nose was still bleeding    "(Y/n) did" Said Hermione not sound amused. "One sec" said (Y/n) as he walked over to Malfoy "what do you want?" Spat Malfoy "Ph just shut up" Said (Y/n) as he pulled out his wand. Malfoy flinched and started to move backwards "I'm not gonna hurt you, well not anymore. Episkey" Said (Y/n) and Malfoy stopped bleed. Malfoy looked at him and said quietly "Thanks" "What'd you do that for?" Asked Harry as he walked back to them. "What I'm a good guy" replied (Y/n). "Also I've never used that spell before, and what better test dummy that Malfoy. For all I know his nose could've fallen off" Harry laughed and even Hermione gave a little chuckle at this.

When they got back tot he castle they explained to Ron what had happened. "Well it was obviously Snape under that robe" he said. "I don't know" (Y/n) replied "I still don't like Quirrell, I mean who dress in purple like that, it's not normal." Secretly (Y/n) didn't think it was Snape, he could see him doing that, but he would be out voted three to one so he had just been going alone with their theory.  "Listen he's gonna steal the stone soon we've got to do something" Said Harry "Well maybe we set his office on fire. I've never said no to a bit of arson" said (Y/n) twirling his wand in his fingers. Hermione elbowed him in the ribs. "Well nothing we can worry about now, we've got exams coming up" Said Hermione.

A fews has passed and they had finished their exams. "That wasn't too bad" Said Hermione as they walked out to the grounds. "Yeah not that bad" Said (Y/n) "plus I slipped a few galleons into my scroll" Ron laughed and Hermione glared at him, but Harry was just staring off into the sky. "What up Harry?" Asked Ron, but he ignored them and ran to Hagrid's hut. "Well come on then we better follow him"