Her Acquaintance, Prince

"Hey now (Y/N), you don't really have to help me with all of this," Bard lightly commented watching as you carried several of the grocery bags in your hands, the two of you now entering the Phantomhive Manor from a trip to town to grab more food. The warm, July breeze raced over your figure as you climbed up the steps of the manor along with Bard, taking out the key to open the door.

"Nonsense Bard. I'm perfectly capable of helping you and I want to do this," you humored as you entered the foyer, lifting up several bags that you were holding in your hand, showing of the bulkiness of each and you playfully hummed. "With our strengths combined we'll be able to carry anything!" You chuckled at your humor, pausing to allow him to close and lock the front door. "I'm sure Sebastian will be happy that we managed to get all that he wanted on his list."

"He better be." Bard scoffed, glancing down at the equally numerous of bags he carried in his own hands. "That butler asked for a lot of things, it's like he's trying to make me keel over from how much he's asking me to do. Ah, sorry (Y/N), if Finny wasn't busy with doing his own duties I would have asked him to come instead."

"Bard what did I say it's perfectly alright," you told the cook again. "Besides I'm glad that I was able to go out with you. I don't think we've really gotten the chance to just talk with it being just us. I had fun you know. Except when that hag started accusing me of stealing her fancy brooch. How dare she!" You lightly seethed, your hands tightly gripping the handles of your bags infuriated.

The two of you continued your steady pace toward the kitchen, as the next process would be to place all of the foods you had bought in their designated place. Maybe you would find Mey-Rin during the walk and convince her to help you place them away as Bard and you had bought a lot.

Bard lightly chuckled at your upset actions as he rolled an unlit cigarette around in his mouth. He hadn't lit it as the two of you had just arrived at the manor when his last one had buzzed out and the two of you knew he would be a madman if he even lit one in the manor especially with the way Sebastian had been getting on him lately. "It's a good thing that your knight friend showed up at that moment to help us. We would have been in some real trouble if he hadn't."

"And that's something I'll really have to thank Edward for," you commented, thinking back to how the blonde hair knight had miraculously dashed from around a corner upon hearing the commotion and came to your rescue. "That lady made a huge fit for nothing. And she had simply lost it in her carriage." You shook your head exasperatingly. "Sometimes I can't with all of these high noble class in London. They always think they're all high and mighty."

"You better not let any of them hear you say that (Y/N)," Bard responded laughing. "I'm sure they wouldn't be so happy if you said that."

"Well I don't care! I'll say if directly to their face if I have to!" You fumed, your eyebrows irking just thinking about it. "Maybe it's time those snot noses got something said to them!"

"I really hope you don't think of me as snot nosed."

An amused voice chimed in, making you freeze and glance left to see Ciel leaning against the wall at the end of the hallway, watching as you and Bard made your way to the kitchen. Amusement danced in his single blue eye as you became flustered at your words, before giving him a humorous smile as you shook your head. "You're perfectly fine Ciel," you told him as you approached the earl. "You're not too bad," you joked.

"What do you mean too bad!" Ciel demanded his face lighting up red as he straightened himself up from the wall, a perplexed expression settling onto his face. "I'm way better than all of those snot nosed nobles who live in London!"

"Well you see..."

"You see what!"

You laughed at the expressions the younger boy was making before leaning down and giving him a soft flick on the forehead that made him scrunch up his face as he irritatingly rub at the spot. "What was that for?" He whined as he continued to rub the area.