CH-2

CHASE'S POV

So, we were walking to the lookout after what felt like an eternity of crying. Skye was leaning on me the whole way up, so I was constantly blushing. Thankfully, she didn't notice.

I don't know why, but some part of my brain was telling me 'Chase, homie, she likes you. You should ask her out'. Then, another part kept saying 'She can't like you. Why do you think she likes you? She was probably sad that you almost died. So there. Now shut the hell up'

But, I ignored both of them. I decided to only follow my heart, which said 'I don't know if she likes you or not, you like her. And that's probably a good thing. Just make sure not to rush things'. So, apparently, my heart was smarter than my brain. Wierd.

Anyways, we finally reached the lookout. The other pups had already eaten their dinner. We were the last ones left. Surprisingly, even Ryder didn't have his lunch. Looks like he was sad too. Skye got off my side, and we walked towards him.

RYDER'S POV

I was just poking at my food, not wanting to eat it. I was still in shock about what happened. Why did I cry? I didn't even cry when my parents died. I was just depressed the whole time until I met Chase.

Speaking of Chase, I saw Chase and Skye walking toward me. "Hey Pups, you didn't have your dinner. Something wrong?" I asked them while trying to look kind of happy. "That's what we came to ask you, Ryder sir. You don't look to well, and you have been poking at your food for some time. Something wrong?" Chase asked.

How could I lie my favourite pup? "I thought I actually lost you, since I was looking from above. When I found you, you were the only thing that mattered to me. I swore to always take good care of you, and protect you with my life. But I almost failed. I'm sorry." I said, crying again.

But Chase wiped a tear from my face, hugged me, and said "It's okay Ryder, it's okay. Now don't cry, if you don't want me to cry for the fourth time in my life." He was right. I couldn't really find a way to feel happy that he was alive.

He really cheered me up. Oh, how lucky I am to have a pup like Chase. Besides, I think that Skye liked him. Wait. SKYE LIKES HIM TOO?! OH MY GOD! They like each other. Well, good for them.

CHASE'S POV

So, we went back to eating our dinner. I was kind of forced to sit next to Skye. She laid her head on my side again. Hopefully, the others didn't see me blush.

After we ate, we went to our pup houses and decided to get some sleep, cuz apparently crying takes a lot out of you. I was on my nightly shift to make sure that it was okay for us to sleep. After everything was clear, I made my way to my pup house to get some good nights sleep.

"Good night Skye." I said since her pup house was next to mine. "Good night Chase." She replied, giving me a warm smile, that apparently, made me warm. I got inside. And closed my eyes.

SKYE'S POV

"It's okay Skye, you can live without me. Go live a happy life. I love you." Chase said before falling down a cliff. "CHASE! NO! NO NO NO! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!" I screamed, crying. "I..I..I love you too...." I said, now bawling.

"OH GOD! PHEW. Thankfully, it was a dream." I inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm myself down. I couldn't. I was about to cry again when I thought of an idea.