Revival

John and Seraphina were hanging out in the living room of his dorm. Blyke was hanging out with Isen and Remi, leaving the two alone. They were seated on the couch, their legs entwined underneath a blanket. John was reading a book while Seraphina was playing a game on her phone.

Seraphina had gotten pretty far into her game when John suddenly bolted up with a gasp. She immediately put away her phone and looked at the raven-haired man in concern. "What is it?"

"I think I figured out a way to get your powers back," John replied. Seraphina's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Huh? How will you be able to do that?"

"I was thinking if I can manipulate my own aura, could I also manipulate other people's auras? As you know, I can still sense your aura whenever you try to activate your ability. It's suppressed, but it's not completely gone. What if I can add energy to your aura to overcome the disabler?" John sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know, it doesn't really make sense—"

"Hey, that could work," Seraphina replied thoughtfully. "We should try it out. You already know about my ability."

"Yes, but I can't use it myself, you would need to be able to activate your ability in order for me to use it."

"Yeah, but could you use what you already know about my ability and my existing aura to overcome the dampener?"

"That might just work." John smiled, then froze for a second. "Wait a minute, I don't know if this process will be harmless. Should we ask Elaine for help? Just in case you get hurt I think it will be best for a healer to be present."

"I agree. Let's go ask her."

John and Seraphina discussed the plan as they walked towards the girls' dormitory. Unlocking the door, Seraphina walked into her dorm room with John right behind her. Elaine walked out of her bedroom to greet the two. "Hey guys! What's going on?"

"I'm going to try to bring back Sera's ability. I may be able to manipulate her aura to override the drug," John explained.

"That sounds like a great idea, it would make sense you would be able to manipulate other people's auras instead of just your own," Elaine replied.

"In case something happens to me or John, can you heal us?" Seraphina asked the healer.

"Sure!" Elaine said excitedly.

At John's request, Seraphina laid on her bed, with him sitting in a chair next to the bed and Elaine standing off to the side. John activated his ability, his eyes glowing gold. "You ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready," Seraphina took a deep breath in order to relax. Placing his hands on her stomach, John focused on providing energy to her through her suppressed aura. After a few minutes, she noticed it felt as if someone had injected her with pure adrenaline. Her heart pounded and sweat ran down her forehead. Soon enough, John stopped and deactivated his ability.

"Okay, I think that's enough," he said, moving back.

"How do you feel?" Elaine asked Seraphina.

"I feel as though I can run for miles without stopping," The magenta-haired girl responded, wiping the sweat off of her forehead with a trembling hand.

"I think the energy John supplied you with needs to run its course. That is why you feel very stimulated." Elaine explained. "I'll be right back, I'm going to get some water for you two," she said as she left the room.

"I think we should wait until you calm down before you test your ability," John recommended to Seraphina, who nodded in agreement. Elaine returned with two glasses of water and handed it to the two, who downed them quickly. Seraphina waited for her heart rate to slow and her hands to stop trembling before she tried to access her powers. After she felt calm enough, she willed herself to activate her ability. She watched in surprise as Elaine and John turned grey as she froze them. Unfreezing them, she saw matching looks of elation on their faces.