Meeting Walter Beckett

Michelle's Pov: It's been a few hours since I had  that conversation with Dad. I sat by my desk, working on a little gadget, rather disinterestedly. I was feeling a little upset, for sure. I mean, who wouldn't be? You put your heart and soul into explaining your lifelong dream to your father, only to have him turn it down right in front of you. I couldn't believe he still treated me like a little kid. I sigh and placed the gadget on my desk, burying my face in my hands. "Oh, that conversation went just like how I planned it" I said, not exactly talking to anyone. I get up from my chair to go get some water. I grab a cup of the cool liquid and I make my way back to my desk, mumbling to myself angrily, ignoring the odd stares from the other tech people. "Urgh, he makes me so mad sometimes. Next time I see Dad, I'm just gonna be straight with him. I'm just going to tell him that I am ready for this, that I do have what it takes, and that I'm absolutely not the same little girl from several years-" While I was ranting and drinking my water, I didn't see where I was going, as I accidently walked right into someone. I fall on my rear, groaning while doing so. "Oh gosh, I am so sorry, are you okay?" the person asks me, who I immediately figured out was a guy. "Yea, yea, I'm okay" I said to him. I look up at him and I see a boy that was around my age. I see his bright blue eyes widen as he looked at me, and my eyes widen as well. "Uh, hey" I said, an awkward smile on my face. 

Walter's Pov: I was just on my way to get something to drink when I accidently bumped into a girl that was around my age. I asked her if she was okay, and she said she was fine. She goes to look up at me and I swore I saw the most beautiful girl in the whole world. My eyes widen as I stared at her light brown eyes. "Uh, hey" she said, giving an awkward smile. 'Even her voice sounds amazing' I thought. "Hey, um- oh, uh, here let me help you up" I said, helping her get back on her feet. "Thanks" she said. "Uh, n-no problem, miss. Again, I'm very sorry for running into you" I said to her, but she waves her hands and tucks her hair behind her ear. "No, no, it's okay, it's fine. It's just, um, I've been having an off day today. So, I didn't see where I was going" she explained. "Oh, uh I'm sorry to hear that. Are you okay?" I asked her. "I'm fine, I guess" she said. After she said that, it was silent between us. 'Gosh darn it, I forgot to introduce myself' I thought, mentally face palming myself. "Uh, I-I'm Wilbur-Walter! (clears throat) My name is Walter Beckett" I said nervously, sticking my hand out for her to shake. I swore I felt a spark of electricity when our hands touched at that very moment.  

Michelle's Pov: I shake his hand as I introduce myself. "I'm Michelle Sterling" I said. He furrows his brows a little when I said my last name. "Sterling? You wouldn't happen to be related to Lance Sterling, do you?" he asks me. "Yea, he's my dad. Everybody gets surprised at that" I replied, scratching the back of my neck shyly. 'Wait, when have I ever acted shyly?' I thought. "Wow, that's amazing. How come you're not on a mission with him?" he said. My eyes slightly widened as he mentioned that. I bit my lower lip nervously. "Yea, about that, you see, um" I tried to say to him, but then I look and see that we were still holding hands. The guy, who I now know as Walter, notices this and we instantly took our hands back, a blush appearing on our faces. It was then, I noticed that he was holding pen in his hand. "What's with the pen?" I asked him, looking at the small object. "Oh this? It's called the Multi-Pen. It looks like a regular pen, but I added a few things to it" he said. I raise a brow at him. "What kind of things?" I ask him. He smiles and said "well, I can show you over at my workspace if want to". I thought for a moment. I didn't have anything important to do at the moment and there wasn't any gadget or tech that was due. "Sure, I'd like to" I said to him. "G-Great, right this way" he said, taking my hand in his once again, which instantly made me blush. 'Seriously, why is he making me blush all of a sudden?' I thought. We go over to his workspace, which was actually by the men's restroom. I furrow my brows, wondering why he would be working over in this area. 

Walter's Pov: I see the confused look on Michelle's face when she saw where I was working. "Yea, there was um, budget cuts. It's not the best place to do some experimenting, but it's still something" I explain to her. "Alright" she said with uncertainty. I pull out a seat for her and I go to sit in mine. I go on explaining what each colored slot does, showing her the effects while doing so. I even told her about the other gadgets I made, like the inflatable hug. "Wow, so, you made all of that?" she asks me, very curious. "Yea, they might sound weird, but-" I was going to say, but she stops me. "Weird? I think that this little thing, along with the other stuff you made is actually pretty cool" she said. I look at her, eyes wide. "Really? You think they're cool?" I said, very surprised by her words. "Yea, yea I do" she said. I couldn't believe it. She actually thinks my inventions are cool. "Oh, I want to tell you about this new tech I'm working on at home. It's called-" Before I could say any more, her phone started beeping. Michelle looks at it and sighs. "Sorry, I got to get going. But I hope to hear more about your cool gadgets later" she said, getting up from her seat. "Y-Yea, I love to" I replied. She was going to leave, when she turns back and hands me a card with her name on it. "That's for, uh, when you want to talk some more" she said. 'D-Did she just give me her phone number?' I thought, realizing what just happened. "Uh, yea, yea sure" I said, slightly blushing. She smiles, and turns to leave the 'work area'. I start to smile and then leaning my head against my hand, unaware that I accidentally knocked over my plush unicorn Unity. "Unity loves you" I heard it say. "Yea, me too" I said, a lovestruck look on my face.