What in the World?

Michelle's Pov: "Holy shitake mushrooms" I said to myself, while I was doing my exercises in the training hall. I couldn't believe that I actually stuttered in front of Walter, and I was blushing. I was practically acting shy around him. When in the world have I ever done that? 'Is...is it possible that I, no, no thinking like that, Michelle. You only just met him, there's no way that's possible' I thought. I trained for a few more hours, then I go to the locker rooms to shower and change back into my regular clothes. As I put my vest back on, a picture fell from the inside pocket. I pick it up and see it was a picture of me and my mom, at the park, laughing and smiling. I smiled at the picture, thinking back at the memory.

Flashback, 12 years earlier, No one's Pov: "Seven, eight, nine, ten!" A curly haired woman counted, removing her hands from her eyes. "Ready or not, here I come" she continued. The woman looks around the playground, searching for her daughter. Meanwhile, seven year old Michelle was hiding at the top of the slide, trying to contain her giggles and laughter as her mother looks for her. "Where's my little sweet girl?" her mother called out, her voice getting closer to her. Then, very sneakily, the woman appears from behind Michelle, startling the little girl. "Boo!" she said. Both of them laughed as they slid down the slide. The girl's mother lifts her daughter up, spinning her around, laughing joyfully alongside her. 

Flashback Ends, Present, Michelle's Pov: That memory always brings a smile on my face, but that smile would come back to a frown. "I miss you, Mom" I said, gently caressing the picture. I put the picture back inside my vest and I exit the showers. I make my way to the lobby when I see my dad exit the elevator that led to the tech lab. I noticed that he had a worried look on his face, but he quickly covered it up with a smile when people walked by him. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to why he was acting like this. "Dad?" I said, getting his attention. He looks at my direction and he sped walk over to me. "Michelle, oh thank goodness you're here. Look, we need to leave here, now" he said to me, walking with me to the front elevator. "Why? What's going on?" I asked him. "I'll explain later, but right now we gotta get going before-" he replied, but was interrupted when we both heard a door slam open. We turn around and we see three people at the doorway. One was a red headed woman that was wearing high tech glasses, the other was a man wearing high tech headphones (both were on the floor), and the last one was a woman that had a ponytail and was the only person standing.

She turns her head towards us and narrows her eyes. "Dad?" I said. "Let's go!" Dad said to me, grabbing my hand and started to run away, dragging me along with him. A few men tried to stop us, but my dad pushed them out of the way. We ran at a fast pace to the elevator, with the woman coming close behind us. "Security! Shut this place down!" she shouted to the security lady at the front. She looked surprised, as she said our names in confusion. "I'd do as she says, she's very unpleasant" Dad said to her, grabbing a hold of walkie talkie. "Dad, you have five seconds to tell me what is going on-holy cheezit's!" I kind of screamed. The security doors started to close on us, as well as the elevator door. As quick as a flash, Dad uses the walkie talkie to keep the elevator opened, picked me up and we both slid across the floor and into the elevator. Standing up, I quickly pushed a button and looked back at the woman on the other side of the security door. Dad was doing the same thing, and we both see the hard stare and glare on her face as the elevator door closed on us. Once it did that, I turned to my father, my eyes wide and my breathing a little unsteady. "Okay, what the heck was that!? Dad, please tell me what is going on!?" I said to him. He sighs and he said he'll tell me as soon as we get into his car. 'Oh great, what has he gotten himself into? What have I gotten myself into?' I thought to myself, thinking that it is probably going to be a long explanation.