| LAP 08 |

⋆★⋆
═══════ LAP 8/15 ═══════

🖤💛 20K?!? RATATATA! 💛🖤Told you there'll be quicker updates 😋 Pls remember to vote & comment your thoughts, also send in any art or edits you have! Enjoy another long update!—🖤💛🖤💛🖤

Told you there'll be quicker updates 😋 Pls remember to vote & comment your thoughts, also send in any art or edits you have! Enjoy another long update!

🖤💛🖤💛🖤

Side note, it's ma birthday! (;

◢◤◢◤ ⚙️ ◢◤◢◤

"Say my name say my name~ When nobody's around you, say baby I love you, if you ain't running game~"

The radio fills my ears with music and advertisements as I circle around the Honda S2000 parked in the center of my garage. Summery rays invade and bounce off of the metal through my gate that's left wide open to invite more hot morning sun.

I never usually come to Gatti during the mornings, but I figured it'd be best to work on the car at an hour when no ones around.

The car was rusty and practically unusable when JK gave it to me, but luckily I was able to repair the engine and sand away any prominent rust or scratches. With some more spraypaint and waxing, it should be as good as new.

A white mask clings to my face as I use my steam gun to shoot pink pigment onto the car with squinted eyes.

*Ring ring!*

I lower my gun and mask before reaching for my flip phone on the counter, balancing the phone between my ear and shoulder as I continue spray painting, "Hi Paps."

"Hey Pumpkin, whatcha' up to?"

"Um..." I momentarily release my finger from the trigger. "...Just fixing something for a friend. How's that Fendi hat I left fitting you?"

"As snug as a rug." He chuckles, "Hey listen, I managed to snag two tickets to this new Lakers game tonight. I'll pick you up wherever you are and we'll go after work, sound good?"

I frown at the car before me that's going to take at least all afternoon to finish. It doesn't help that I'll be working later too...

"Sorry dad, but I might be a little busy tonight. I'm sure uncle Stanley will go with you."

"A-are you sure? I hear this is a really good game. I kinda wanted to watch it with my only daughter..."

"I know, I'm really sorry Dad..."

I can sense his disappointment through the phone by his delayed response before he sighs.

"Alright Pumpkin. Well let me know if you change your mind. Love you."

"Will do, love you too Paps." I hang up.