Princess' First Kill

Her heart beat in her chest, her hands clamming up as her instincts began to take over. She knew what to do and she reacted on impulse. She'd shadowed the swordsmanship class for years, and the knights. She'd done her best to sneak in more training every single day, to protect herself, and any that she'd come to care about. The nobles that helped her, her friends, and now her teacher and mentor. She was filled with instinct as she stabbed right into the villainous man, protecting her newfound family with the courage she thought had died out long ago.

Covered in blood, surrounded by the stench of blood. Moments flashed within her eyes. A moment of a protective feeling towards Alewar, and how he'd been beaten, with broken glasses, a busted lip. The burning rug, and books which could've been caught fire. She wanted to protect him. She wanted to protect the professor and her new friends... The strange being who let her braid his hair, it'd been so long since she braided hair. She's always enjoyed braiding hair, but her own hair was a bit too curly and unruly for something like that. And then the prodigy she looked up to, the very smart and hardworking Van. She looked up to him, and she could tell he deals with a lot because he also looks different...

She'd killed someone. They say when someone dies, their muscles relax, and so they shit themselves, but the smell of shit couldn't reach her nose due to all the dead bodies, and the stench of the bog of the swamp. She stares at the collapsed body, and then covered her mouth quickly, turning away.

And she didn't feel bad.

It was instinct, it was quick. She didn't feel bad, she didn't feel ashamed. She knew it would come one day.. she'd read about it often.. about death, about someone taking another's life.

She stared at nothing, her mind racing a million miles a minute.

I killed someone. I took a life. it was really that easy. ... I don't feel bad.  Am I supposed to feel bad? I should feel bad, shouldn't I?

But he was bad

Whos to say whos really bad

He killed other people

But i killed a murderer, making me a murderer...

I would do it again to protect van, alewar, and karr'zet.

Alewar, i wonder how he'll react. oh gods. i don't think i can take it if he's disappointed in me. he's the only person i don't want to let down.

I've never wanted to be so good and great before.

What if i continue murdering. is that all i'll ever be? i dont know what else i'll be able to do. im just a singer and dancer. i dont even know if they'll let me into school if i murdered.

Maybe they do, im sure war criminals are allowed in. but me. im just someone who managed to escape from servitude, i shouldnt even be here. i shouldn't be alive anymore. i shouldnt- i shouldnt have killed him

What if someone takes revenge on me

What if someone tries to steal me again
What if i get taken

i cant breathe

She covers her mouth to help her take in slower breaths, but she's shaking, her eyes watering. Van reaches out to just pat her shoulder. Princess sniffles a bit and forces a grin.

It does mean a lot to receive a gesture like that, something so little for someone who'd received so little, meant a lot.