Chapter 9

Prakriti P.O.V

"And you are accepting this decision?" I asked to Grandfather Bhishma, I was in his chamber after he freed my family from being imprison in their own Kingdom. Grandfather sighed and stared outside the window, his body tensed "Yes daughter, it is the only way for your family to live peacefully" he said frowning, still looking at the sky. "But splitting the nation, will it make you peaceful?" I said worried, he has made promise to his father that he will take care of our nation until his last breath. He turned his face towards me, closing his eyes, his shoulders slouching in defeat. He inhaled slowly and opened his eyes, pain clearly showing in them, "My peace has long gone now, I just want Yudhishthira to be the King of half of Kuru nation, atleast Dharm will sit on the throne making justice in half of nation" he said forcing the word out of his mouth. "I want to see Dharm sitting on the throne and I made that promise to myself, I will only feel peace after then" he continued, I nodded my head in understanding, if Brother Yudhishthira becomes King of Hastinapur, Prince Duryodhana will plot against us again until he succeed and letting him become the King of Hastinapur means doing injustice to the people of this Kingdom.

"If Prince Duryodhana becomes the King, he will destroy Hastinapur, he will demolish everything you have sacrifice for, is it right?" I asked in concern. He took sharp breath and clenched his fist in frustration "As long as I am alive, I won't let Adharm sit on the Throne of my Kingdom and this is my vow" he said in loud voice, each words laced with truth. "But Prince Duryodhana will become the King after our departure" I stated, he is dying to be the King of this place so that he can rule and feel powerful. Grandfather shook his head with a small smile "I have put him away from the throne for awhile now and as long as I have willpower and breath in my lungs I will stop him every time" he swore with resolution on his face.

This is the only option now to safe this Kingdom from upcoming destruction.

"Are you coming with us?" I asked, he told pandavas that he will be going with us to our Kingdom but the look on his face says otherwise.

He shook his head painfully and I closed my eyes sighing, my fist clenching in resentment "But you, yourself suggested that you will be going with us" I said in low voice lowering my head, crushed with the news. "I promised Dhritarashtra that I will stay here with him and his son, it was the only condition he put before agreeing for this division" he said in loud voice, it is not justice, it is exploitation of his powers.

"Does others know?" I murmured weakly.

He shook his head "Don't tell them now either, Yudhishthira will be broken and he won't accept the partition, it is our only way, daughter" he said lowering his voice at last in sadness. My eyes started stinging from the tears but I controlled myself and joined my hands together in respect "We will never forget your sacrifice" I said in somber tone. He sighed and spread his arms open giving me a hug "I know you will take care of your family that's why I am not sad that I am staying here, I am leaving the future of Aryavarta in your hands" he said hugging me. "I won't disappoint you Grandfather, I won't" I said with sincerity.

***  

After the conversation with Grandfather, I walked back to my chamber to call it a night, I just have to wait for tomorrow to hear King Dhritarashtra partitioning the nation in Kuru children. As I entered in my chamber, I saw Arya sitting on the bed, his one hand was under his chin and he was deep in thought. Without making any noise, I started to walk towards him, but he got out of his thoughts and turned his eyes at me. "I could feel your presence without even looking at you" he said with a small smile on his face, I chuckled and with quick stride sat beside him, he sighed and put his head on my shoulder, his shoulders were hunched over in tension. I pulled his hand in my own and intertwined our fingers together. "What are you thinking, Arya?" I asked just to ease him. He gave out a sighed and closed his eyes "I am thinking about the partition, beloved" he said not liking the idea of division, nobody is in the favor of this idea but it is the only solution for now to delay the war between a family and establish the peace.