CHAPTER TWO: BLOOD & FANGS

There I lay trapped staring into the eyes of my husband, the alpha. His naked body hovered over me, bathed in the moonlight. He leaned in closer still, waiting for my answer. Our lips nearly touched, my heart pounding in my chest. Ever since my daughter was born, having sex really wasn't high on my list these days. Finding a male to do it with was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Human males might have scratched the itch. But they never really dug beneath the surface.

Their stamina and limited energy was no match for that of a wolf. A male wolf could go for hours on end and still be ready for more an hour later. In a city like Miami, the local wolf population had been kept to a minimum. They rarely went into town and kept to themselves once they saw me. In their mind, they could tell that I had been mated to another. By an alpha, a leader of the pack. For you see, to have sex with another wolf's mate, especially when it came to an alpha. Mean't the true death.

Now it was my turn to squirm under his touch, under his hold. My wrists were bound above my head. The covers I used to hide my body were pulled down, exposing my shirt. The air touched my skin and I trembled slightly as a grin crept upon his face. With my wrists held down with one hand, the other was used to slide along my side, caressing my hip, bringing my leg up over his right shoulder, and kissing my thigh. The heat of the moment only added to the heat of the room or maybe it was just me getting all hot and bothered.

Between us, the sheer size of him would've made any respectable girl or guy run for the hills once they saw what he could do with it. But not me. I've always enjoyed a challenge and he knew that. Moving himself even closer, the head of his cock began to rub against me. Grinding, tantalizing, teasing me without end until I begged him to put it in me. My lips slowly parted, and his eyes narrowed as I watched him lean in, our breaths mingling, our noses touching until there was no more room left to part us.

Now it was my turn to tease him. Turning my head from left to right, I felt the bed vibrate as he found an opening and sealed his lips against my neck. The rhythmic sucking, licking, and nibbling made my toes curl as I let out a soft moan and melted deeper into the soft mattress that was my bed. This went on for several minutes. Positive that by the time he was done, there would be a hickey the size of a paw print embedded on my skin. That's when I jumped, my body reacting it to like a live wire.

The electricity was strong. Strong enough for me to see stars as my vision dimmed. The edges of the room grow darker than the night itself. For his fangs rubbed against my skin, putting equal amounts of pressure over the bite mark that bound me to him all those years ago, when we were first going out together. Back before I knew what he was and what I would one day turn out to be, like himself. Only better and with different plumbing. I said his name on the wings of a whisper and he let go, lifting up his head.

Staring into the eyes of his wolf, I saw the tips of his fangs poke out, resting against his bottom lip. I wrestled one of my arms free and I touched his face. He leaned into it, sighed and relaxed himself as his eyes returned to their normal color. Then his arms gave out as he laid on top of me for a brief moment and rolled off to the side. With his arm behind his head, I couldn't help myself but marvel at the hard work he put into his body. God, he was beautiful. Perfectly aged and forever frozen since the day we mated.

Bathed from head to toe in the light from the Moon Goddess herself. His naked body was put on display for my eyes only. With shoulders as wide as a bookcase, arms stronger than that of a python, his long legs hanged off the edge of the bed. In short, he was the perfect alpha male. My eyes followed every curve, every surface, every hairless inch I could find until I found myself looking back up at his face. He was much too handsome for his own good, and he knew it. One look at him and you instantly fell in love.