Chapter 3: Breaking Point

It's been a week since Ryder and the pups arrived at the Lunar Space Station. Ever since that time, Astro has gotten to know the pups more, and he became friends with them. Everyone noticed that Everest has started to take a liking to Astro. She was staying so close to him and following him wherever he goes. This made Marshall extremely jealous, but most of all, depressed. He wouldn't leave the room unless it was to eat.

Astro went to the pups room, concerned about his new friend.

Astro: "Has anyone seen Marshall?"

Rocky: "Yeah, he's on his bed, crying to death because you stole his girlfriend."

Rubble: "Yeah, how could you do that?"

Tracker: "Privó a un niño del amor que tanto necesitaba, monstruo."

Astro: "WHAT?! YOU GUYS THINK-*sighs* okay, let's get one thing straight here, I....do....NOT....like her that way!"

Rocky: "Reall-." He was cut mid-sentence.

Astro: "NO! Never! I see everyone as friends, and ONLY FRIENDS! Love is something you can die for! Maddy suffered for it and THERE'S NO WAY IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE THAT I WOULD GET ROMANTIC WITH JUST ANYONE!!!" He said the last part tearing up.

Ryder: "Astro, calm down. Who is Maddy?"He asked as he petted the Shiba Inu on the head slowly.

Astro: "She's just...old family, *sighs* okay, Ryder, pups. I think it's high time I told you my story."

Everest and Skye were about to enter the room when they heard Ryder mention Astro's name. They decided to hide and eavesdrop.

Ryder: "Your story?"

Astro: "Yeah, it might help explaining why I don't like having relationships too fast. But...I need Marshall here." He demanded.

Ryder: "Okay, but we're having a hard time getting him out." Just then, Everest walked in.

Everest: "I'll go talk to him."

Ryder: "O-okay, good luck."

Chase, Skye, Rubble and Rocky gave each other worried looks. They knew this was not good. Marshall could be in his breaking point.

Everest: "Hey, Marshall."

Marshall: "What do you want?" He said in a monotone voice.

Everest: "Astro came by, can you believe it? He-."

Astro's name kept echoing in Marshall's head. And finally, he snapped.

Marshall finally got up from his bed with a furious face and stomped his way to the others.

Marshall: "Hey look! Astro's over there! Hey Astro! Your awesome! Hey Astro, wanna play?"

Everest: "Marshall, what has gotten into you?!"

Marshall: ASTRO THIS! ASTRO THAT! IT'S LIKE EVERY TIME YOU WANNA TALK TO ME IT'S ONLY TO TALK ABOUT HIM!! HE HAS BEEN ON YOUR MIND EVER SINCE WE GOT HERE!! ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HOW HE IS SO AWESOME AT EVERYTHING AND HOW HE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME!!

Chase: "I've known him the longest of all of us, but I've never seen him this angry before." He whispered to Skye.

Everest: "Marshall...I-."

Marshall: "WELL I'M FED UP WITH ALL THIS GARBAGE!! YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND LOVE HIM INSTEAD OF ME BECAUSE I AM SO DONE WITH THIS!! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"