Chapter 4: Getting her back

It was already 7:00AM. The pups noticed Chase and Marshall were gone but they left a note. (How can they write with paws? Beats me.) It said "Gone to the crater w/ Astro. Be back for dinner. - Chase and Marshall". Everest saw the letter and got worried.

Everest: "Skye, we have to go there now!" She said with a concerned voice. Skye didn't hesitate to follow her, knowing Chase was there. Because fighting in front of him will make them both lose.

(At the crater)

Astro: "Okay, you got your boards, you got your gear, now is the time to see what you got!"

"Okay!" Said both of them. Chase went first, he hopped on his board and slid down the crater. For a few seconds, he was fine, but he lost control and tumbled to the center.

Chase: "I'm okay!" He yelled. (Just so you know, the crater was BIG.)

Marshall was hesitating to go.

Marshall: "I-I'm not so sure about this. They don't call me the clumsiest pup for nothing. I'll mess up just like I usually do."

Astro: "But you don't mess up on your Paw Patrol missions, do you?"

Marshall: "Never." He said reassuringly.

Astro: "Messing up when you're just having fun, and being perfectly accurate and serious when you are on missions. That's totally normal."

Marshall: "Yeah, I guess I just love my job too much to mess it up."

Astro: "That's it!"

Marshall: "Huh?"

Astro: "Marshall, you love Everest, don't you?"

Marshall: "Y-Yeah! More than anything in the world!" He said.

Astro: "Then use that. Think about her, and how much you love her. Use that as your motivation, I'm 100% sure you will NOT mess up."

Marshall: "Are you sure?"

Astro: "Wanna know what my motivation is?"

Marshall: "What?"

Astro: "My Maddy. She's what keeps me going every day. And what drives me to have fun with my life. I know that's what she'd want for me."

Marshall: "Oh......Okay! I think I'm ready!" He said as he went to the edge of the crater.

Chase: "I can't watch!" He said as he kept one eye uncovered.

Marshall: "I'm fired up!" He yelled as he slid down.

To Chase's surprise, he was doing better than him. He didn't mess up this time. In fact he slid past Chase at the center and began his ascent, he was still going fast until he launched up high and did kickflip with his board.

Chase: "Woah. Hey Marshall! Don't mess up before we get in there!" He said as he climbed out to start again.

Chase: "Come on Astro! Let's get in on this!"

Astro: "You took the words right out of my mouth."

They got ready and slid down, the crater, and soon after. They were all doing all sorts of cool tricks. They were having fun.

Everest and Skye arrived at the crater, expecting to see them killing each other. But they both gasped at the exact opposite.

Marshall: "Astro! You ready for this?"

Astro: "You know it! Let's do this!"

They slid down from opposite sides of the crater, when they were about to cross paths, they went for a high paw. And after they launched, they did identical backflips in mid-air. Then Chase came up high and did a sideways 360.