Sweet Farewell

It was Sunday. 12:25 to be exactly. I haven't slept for 30 hours. And I also didn't wanted to. It feels like my body still has an adrenaline rush, even though the filming has ended hours ago. But for me it seemed like we were just filming the last scene few minutes ago. I was hyper active, but this is not new. I am always hyper active after the last shoot.

Just as I tried to convince myself to do something productive and not calm myself down and act like a couch potato, even though I deserve to do nothing, because I worked like a maniac in the last months, my phone ringed. I looked at the screen. It was Peter, the director of “Camp X-Ray”

"Good evening, Kristen. I know you that you thought that you will never see this old man again, but I need to disappoint  you.", he said, but I heard his little laugh, he tried to hide. Well, he tried. I decided to play with him a little.

I let out a laud sight and said:”I was actually sleeping. You woke me up! I really thought that I would never see your face again and act like I like you. What do you want now? Make it short. You are wasting my time.”

I heard his gasp on the other side of the phone.

He started to mumble: “I - I  am sorry, Kristen. I didn't know that. I - I just thought tha –“

"Calm down, dude. It was just a joke. I was trying to be funny. I didn't wanted you to wet your pants", I laughed.

 "DAMMIT! You get me every time. One day you will pay this back. I promise you. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that you are invited to join me and the whole crew, to a fancy dinner. I want to celebrate us. I know this sounds like I am in love with myself. But I know that every single one of us did a great job, so why not celebrate it?  And just to let you know, I INSIST you to come", he ended the last sentence with a serious tone.

"Of course, I will be there! What made you think that I would let you guys down?",I asked, I was sad that he thinks that I don't care about them.

"Well, I thought that you wanted to celebrate alone with", he made a pause "you know who I mean", he whispered, waiting for me to answer.

"Oh.", was all I could say for a moment. I forget that I needed to give him an proper answer. All I could think of was Nicholas. We didn't talk the last week. Because I was to distracted with my work and he didn't wanted to disturb me. I remember him saying that I should not call him or even think of him, because of my role. That was really sweet of him. But it was hard to concentrate only at my work. We used to talk every day, for hours on the phone. We couldn't just have small talk. It was his idea to have a little break in our soon to be relationship. But now that I've got more than enough free time Peter assumed that I would run to him. He was right about that. I still didn't call him. He told me to immediately call him after we finish filming the last scene. I somehow forgot, because I was so happy, but also sad at the same time that another movie is finished.

"Don't worry about that. I will be there. I promise", I answered him. I wanted him to get off the phone as fast as possible. Now that he mentioned Nicholas, I wanted to hear his beautiful voice.

I quickly said goodbye to Peter and started to dial Nich's phone.