Same old problems

We pulled into his driveway. His house was always clean. I was not used to that. I know that not all men are like pigs, but somehow I automatically assume that. Thanks to my grandiose ex-boyfriend.

Nicholas was holding my hand, through the whole car ride. The only time he let go of my hand was, when he let the keys drop. His hands were shaking. He was nervous. I could see it, but I tried to ignore it. After the third time, he managed to open his door. He stepped back and gestured to me to go first. His house smelled always like he had baked something. He doesn't like to admit it, but he loves to bake.

He led me to the living room. There was a huge Christmas tree. It was shining in all colors. I didn't even decorate my house. I was too distracted. Christmas was in a few days and I didn't even buy presents. We sat down on his couch. He was silent. I know that he was trying to hide something from me. But I knew that he would tell me what it is, when he feels like it. Now that we are together I recognized how much I missed him. He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could say something, I attacked him with my lips.

He was shocked. We never had a really kiss. Just little pecks. Nothing more. After a while he started to kiss me back. His hands were wandering from my thighs to my hips and back again. Until he pulled me into his lap, without letting go of my lips. We were making out like teenagers. I gasped when I felt his tongue on my lips. He laughed:" Did I scare you?", "I will stop if you don't feel comfortable", he continued with a serious tone. I said nothing, but now I pushed my tongue into his mouth. Somehow our shirts ended up on the floor. I didn't know how it happened. I don't even remember, how we took our pants off and were almost naked on his couch. We were only in our underwear. Just as his hands were wandering to my bra, my ringtone scared us and we jumped. If Nicholas wouldn't hold me, I would have been laying on the floor now.

We started to laugh and ignore my phone ringing. After minutes it still didn't stop. Nicholas asked me if he can answer it, because I didn't wanted to. I allowed him, but when he looked at the screen, he laughed loud. I never heard him laugh that loud, I needed to close my ears.

"Who - who", he started to try to form a sentence between his laughs.

"Who's "Rat Ass"", I started to join his laugh. His face was turning red and I bet mine did too. Not because of all the laughing, I was also embarrassed. What if he gets mad. He doesn't know about him.

"It's Robert", I waited for him to say something. 

"Robert Downey JR., or Robert unemployed Pattinson?

"Robert unemployed fucking Pattinson."

"HOLLY SHIT. He called 12 times in the last minutes. He really does need a job or a hobby."

"Yeah, he really does."

"Does he do that often", he suddenly stopped laughing. He looked concerned now.

"Now and then", little did he know that I received this calls almost every day. I didn't wanted to lie to him, but I didn't needed him to fight my wars. I would solve this problem.

"Can I answer him? Please. He is disturbing us. He needs to know!"

"Okay. If you want to.", I was getting nervous. What if Rob would say something wrong. But before I could change my mind Nicholas already answered the phone.

"Finally Kristen. Listen, baby I am sorry. I didn't want this to happen. You should forgive me. I have the guts to say that I am sorry, even though I did nothing wrong! YOU don't even answer my calls. YOU made the mistake. It was YOU who broke up with ME. Now everybody is on my ass making fun of me and every one adores you all of a sudden. You know it's because every one thinks you are gay, you know that hun don't you? Just do the right thing and come back to me.", he was silent, waiting for my answer. Nicholas face changed he was in a good mood before he called, but know he looked pissed. Really pissed. I have never seen him that way, not even with the paparazzi.

"You should know that Kristen is happy without you. I advise you to stay away from her", his voice was calm. I could see that he wanted to say more, but stopped himself after looking into my concerned face.

"And who the fuck are you? Her dad?" Can't Rob just once do the right thing and shut up?

"It doesn't matter who I am. Just respect her and leave her alone. If she would have wanted to talk to you, you would know."

"I know who you are. Nickolas Holding. Her rumored new boyfriend. The media couldn't find someone better than me, so they choose you the clone of me. A much uglier and talentless clone, I might ad. I was voted for the sexiest man alive and you weren't even listed. Listen to me Mr. Holding. How about you give the phone to her and she talks to me.", his voice sounded disgusting.

That was enough. I wanted to take the phone from Nicholas hands and tell him what a sick person he was and all the cruel things he has done to me. But Nicholas already talked to him.

"Before you wonder about me and my career, you should concentrate more on your own. At least I still make money and don't waste it on a woman, who I met a month ago. Go and have with with your constant affairs you meet at cheap party's. While you dig your own grave, I will stand on my two feet and remember what I did last night. And another thing, I will tell you this for the last time. Leave Kristen alone, or you will need to face the consequences."

He ended the call, without giving Rob the chance to answer. I took my phone from him and turned it off. I bet he would call me like a maniac after this.

"Well, that was crazy"

"I will change my number tomorrow. I don't want any contact with him.", I leaned in for a kiss.

"I am sorry that you needed to listen to this bullshit"

"Kristen, it's not your fault. I am sorry that you need to hear all the things he has said. He is disgusting."

"He is. I am just mad at myself. How could I date him? I am disgusted with myself!" I started to cry, without wanting it. Nicholas just hold me and said: " You were young and naive and he manipulated you. You were an easy target. Don't be mad at yourself. I am proud of you. You managed to get out of this relationship, before it could destroy you. You are one of the strongest women I have ever met."

"Stop it! You make me cry more.", he dried my tears with his hands.

"How about we bake?", he asked looking innocent.

"I knew that you would ask me that", I started to laugh.

We went to the kitchen, everything was already on the kitchen counter.

"You planned this! I thought we just wanted to talk"

"I can talk and bake. And this is only one of the many talents I have."

"What should we bake?"

"I thought about making cookies, since it's almost Christmas."

"Cookies will it be then"

Nicholas did most of the work. I was a great cook, but I sucked at baking. I mostly tried to get his attention to me, with stealing some kisses. He had no problem with that. After putting the cookies in the oven, Nicholas put some music on. He pulled me to his living room and in his arms and started to dance with me. The time when he didn't laugh was, when his lips were on mine.

We were slow dancing to an old song, when I asked him how long the cookies needed to stay in the oven.

"OH FUCK", he shouted and ran to the kitchen. He came back with the cookies, but all of them were black. He made a crying face and I started to laugh at him.

"This was the first time I forget something in the oven. It's only your fault, Kristen. Feel guilty. You murder.", he said that with such a serious tone, that he made me more laugh.