Prologue

Y/n=Your name

L/n=your last name

H/c=Hair color

H/l=Hair length

E/c=Eye color

If there's anymore then I will make sure to clear them up in the story at the beginning of that chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

   "Son of a bitch on a strippers fucking pole!" A young woman spat out as she dropped her keys on the ground. She tried to bend down and grab them without spilling the contents in her arms but eventually failed as several books came toppling over.

   "Well just fuck me in the ass and call me a man!" She grumbled as she threw the remainder of her items to the floor.

  "That's quite the mouth you've got there, ma'am." The girl shot up to see three men around her age, one who obviously had Tourettes, another with sideburns who continuously kept taking hits off of a vape, and another one who seemed to wear a small, friendly smile, him being the one who had spoken.

   "Leave her alone, Brian. She obviously has some anger issues and is fucking mental." The one with sideburns spoke up before taking a hit off of his vape again. The girl narrowed her eyes in anger and opened up her mouth to say something but the other guy spoke up.

   "I apol-logize, my friends here are being very r-rude. My name is Toby, and this is Brian and Tim-m." The boy with Tourettes, Toby, spoke up. The girl looked to him and took note of a hole in his cheek, passing it off as a childhood incident.

   "I'm Y/n, welcome to the shittiest but cheapest apartment complex within a hundred mile radius, your friends should fit in well. Oh and don't let the landlord catch you vaping in the hallways, he's weird about smoking and vaping inside but if you smoke inside just open a window and flush your butts down the toilet. That's what I do." Y/n said shooting a glance at Tim before holding up her own vape.

  He simply nodded and shrugged as Brian apologized for his own rude behavior. "Would you like some help with your things?" He asked and Y/n looked down at her belongings then back at him and smiled slightly.

   "That would be great actually. Sorry that you guys had to witness my sailor's mouth I had a long day at work." Y/n chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck.

  "Great, Tim will help you." Brian said, pushing the guy towards y/n. Tim shot a glare at Brian and rolled his eyes.

   "Yeah, whatever." He said as he stuffed his vape in his pocket and picked up y/n's things. Y/n picked her keys up and unlocked her apartment. As Tim stepped into the small home, he was hit with the faint smell of cigarette smoke, cedar wood, and vanilla bourbon.

   "Shit. You've got to be fucking kidding me." Y/n said as she flicked on the living room and kitchen lights. Tim set her things down on the bar after closing the door. There on the kitchen floor lay a potted plant, contents spilled everywhere.

   "What the hell." Tim said looking over the mess and around the room. Y/n sighed and shook her head as she began to pick up the mess.

   "My dickheaded, dumbass, son of a bitch, hooker of a cat knocked my fucking plant over again." Y/n said with a frustrated huff. Tim laughed softly as he helped her pick up the mess.

   "We don't have pets, Toby is animal enough it makes up for it." Tim said as he placed the potted plant back on the counter. Y/n laughed as she grabbed a broom an dust pan, sweeping up the remainder of the mess.

   "You guys seem really close, I'd love to get to know you three better. " Y/n said with a smile. Tim's entire attitude seemed to change and his facial expression went blank.

  "No, you don't." And with that Tim turned and left, leaving y/n confused and slightly hurt.

  "Damn, didn't know that I was that unattractive." She said before looking around for her cat. After finding her cat and knowing that he was still alive, she gave him some food before grabbing her pack of cigarettes and lighter.

   She made her way outside and sat on the edge of the sidewalk, pulling a cigarette out and lighting it. She went through one cigarette and pulled another out. The sky had begun to darken as she started her second cigarette. "Mind if I join you?" Y/n looked up to see Tim and she nodded.

   "I'm not stopping you." Y/n said as she blew out a puff of smoke. He sat down beside her and pulled out his own pack of cigarettes, lighting one.

   "You know it's not safe for you to be out here by yourself after dark." Tim said before placing the cigarette in his mouth again.

  "Why, because of all the murders?" Y/n raised an eyebrow and placed her own cigarette back in her mouth.

   "That's exactly what I mean, you could get kidnapped, raped, tortured, then killed." Tim said, earning a laugh from y/n.

  "If it happens, it happens. I don't have any family, I was disowned." Y/n said with a scoff, pain flashed in her eyes briefly before she closed them and took a puff from her cigarette.

  "Why would they disown you?" Tim said, y/n glanced over at them and laughed sarcastically.

  "Because I moved out of state,  I decided to become a stripper, only to pay for college since they refused, and then I dated a girl for about a year. Oh, and when I visited my dying grandmother my step monster told me I was going to hell because I didn't bring my grandmother an expensive gift. My grandmother said all she wanted was a branch from an oak tree here in Montana. That woman was the only true family i had, I never knew my mother but my grandmother was the best damn person I'd ever met and I would give anything just to see her again. After she passed she left all of her belongings to me in the will, she hated everyone else in that family, but she loved me so much. After my family found out that she left her will to me, they tried to get me to share some but I refused, I've only used the money for extreme emergencies and I stay in her house when i go on vacations, it's on the beach down in California." Y/n said as she put out her cigarette.

  Tim shook his head and raised his eyebrows, "Damn, that's heavy. Your family is a bunch of assholes."  Y/n scoffed and shrugged as she got up and dusted herself off.

  "It's whatever, well, I've got to go get ready for my next shift at the club. You guys could come visit if you'd like to, it's the Sparkle Unit, it's literally just like two miles from here." Y/n said before strolling off back inside and up the stairs.