Chapter 4: Resolution

From inside the Sapphire, I observed my new parents' reaction.

Am I gonna be neglected again? will they hate me?

I felt my heart squeeze inside my chest thinking about what will happen next.

My mother was the first to approach me, and she reached out her hand to take me out of the ball of mana. I noticed the sapphire change color from its normal blue to a light blue as soon as my mother's hand reached inside to get me.

I guess I truly lack any magical abilities.

"Don't worry, Anya, Mommy will protect you," she said as she cradled me in her arms.

Hearing her say that made me feel warm inside.

"She is our daughter, magic or no magic, and that will never change! "Father said firmly, as if to console me and my mother.

"The Princess is still the Princess, with or without magic. This has happened before, so don't be concerned, Princess," Mister Detemir said as he stroked my hair.

"Hey! Hands off!" Father said as he slap Mister Detemir's hand away from me

"Anya, Mommy and Daddy will always love you no matter what" Mom said and kissed my forehead

"If the Princess is interested after her coming of age ceremony she can learn other self defense classes, like swordsmanship or she can also be my apprentice, The church do not discriminate people plus I do not mind having such a cute apprentice" Mister Detemir said with a smile and winked at me.

"That will never happen" Father said with a frown

Despite the heavy feeling in my heart I can't help myself from smiling. I am truly loved in this world.

While they argued about what I should do next, I didn't pay much attention. Instead, I thought about what I could do in this magical world. Even though I didn't have any magic powers, I decided to follow my dream anyway. If I couldn't use magic, then I'd find something else to do.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Anya, I heard about the God Blessing from Mom and Dad," my crowned prince of the empire, Tristan, remarked, both of my brothers now in my chamber with sullen expressions.

"Don't wowy Brothew, I'll be a strong warrior someday!" I exclaimed proudly. I'm still a one-year-old baby, so claiming things like this doesn't come across as haughty.

Both of my brothers looked at each other, then at me, and now they appeared to be more relaxed.

"Anya doesn't have to be a warrior; I'll protect Anya," Brother Calvin exclaimed, looking at me as if he'd discovered his lifelong goal.

"Yes, like Calvin said, Anya just has to be Anya; she doesn't have to do anything," Brother Tristan replied affectionately as he stroked my head.

That sounds appealing, but I want to be a main character, I want to make a difference in the world, I mean, I have memories from my past life, so why is that? Please don't tell me it's a coincidence. There has to be a reason behind everything. There has to be something!