Chapter 6: The Forest

Hey guys, enjoy the chapter.
............................................
My eyes flutter open. Sunlight is streaming onto my face. I look around the unfamiliar room. Memories from last night fill my mind.

I don't remember falling asleep. We talked for hours last night. He told me a little about life in the forest, life in a pack. I still couldn't believe I was casually hanging with a wolf. We ended up going through two pots of tea. I kept thinking I should be nervous, but I wasn't. I felt relaxed and safe. Safer, then I have in a long time. I even fell asleep next to this guy. Completely defenseless and vulnerable, prey next to a predator.

Salad Greens! My mom would murder me if she found out about this.

I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes.

Clayton is nowhere to be seen. All the tea I drank last night catches up to me and my bladder feels ready to explode. I run to the bathroom. Pulling the door open, I am surprised to feel steam hit my face. I blink.

Of course. Of Course. Of Corn Shucking Course.

He has a 6 pack or maybe 12 pack, what the absolute nonsense is this! What person has a body that looks like this? How was he real?

He is fresh out of the shower a towel slung low on his hips. Toothbrush in mouth. A droplet of water slides over his pectoral and down his incredibly toned stomach. I watch as it gets absorbed into the towel. Drawing my attention to a V-shaped muscle pointing to his ermh,  cabbage patch.

I look up from the towel and make eye contact. I regret it immediately.  He is staring at me a lopsided grin on his face. The toothbrush is now on the counter.

"Like what you see?"

The blush that takes over my body is aggressive, I can feel it spread over me entirely. Oh. Celery sticks! What do I do? Is this flirting? Was he flirting with me? How does one flirt?

"I, I uh" My tongue feels thick and my heart races, I'm going to puke. What do I say! Think! something cool and nonchalant, cmon!

"I have to pee!" My voice is loud, and it cracks awkwardly. I sound like a deranged toilet obsessed puppet.

Where is the nearest well? I need to throw myself down it. Hurry up, get me a well or like at the very least some sort trough. How hard is it to spontaneously combust? I have read about it, maybe if I think really hard I can just burst into flames and die. Sounds nice, I mean comparatively.

"Uh.. okay" He walks out of the bathroom chuckling to himself, still only in a towel. I try to ignore where my shirt clad shoulder touches his bare chest. "She's all yours." He gestures into the space.

The moment he is out of the bathroom. I dart in and slam the door. I do my business quickly and wash up.

I take a second to look at my appearance in the mirror.

I lift the oversized t-shirt exposing my tummy. It's not at all like his. My stomach is soft, I am able to grip skin and fat in my hands. I sigh and drop the shirt. Rabbits were always petite, I didn't weigh much, but what was there was soft and fatty. A reminder that I would never be strong, or firm. No lean muscle, or sturdy arms. Only childbearing hips and breasts, a body built to live the safest of lives. The scratches and bruises over my body make this clearer. I was weak. It was a fact.

I pull down the shirt quickly. Why would a wolf shifter want to bond to someone so.. so worthless. He was just messing with me, I need to learn to take a joke.

I slap my cheeks and shake my head no point in throwing a pity party. We get what we get and don't throw a fit... or so I've been told.

I walk out of the bathroom