Chapter 11

Edward's POV

I was in my office doing paperwork and answering emails when my secretary entered.

''Mr. Reed, someone is here to see you.''
''Let him in.'' I say.

She exited the door but left it open before the person came inside. I was surprised to see my best friend entering my office. I smiled and got up to hug him.

''You said you won't come until next week?'' I ask surprised.
''Well I'm early. How have you been?''
''Good. You? We haven't seen each other for four months.''
''I've been good. It was tiresome but it ended up great.''
''I'm glad to hear that.''
''How is Sofia?''
''She is good. Happy because she has a mother now.''
''And your fiancee?''
''She is actually great and loves Sofia very much.''
''When I'm going to meet her?''
''We can go today. Let me just finish few papers.''
''Cool.'' He sat at the armchair in front of my desk.

We were talking while I was finishing papers and emails. After twenty minutes, I was done and we got up. We went to the parking lot and we got in our cars.

When we arrived, he parked behind me in the driveway. I recognized Mercedes that Anna drives. I remember when she went all angry that I'm giving her one of my cars.

I entered the house with him and heard Sofia giggles. I found Sofia and Anna in the kitchen making something. I got closer and kissed Sofia's cheek.

''Daddy, you came!''
''Yes, I did and somebody came with me.'' I smile.
My best friend came around the corner and Sofia squealed loudly.
''Uncle Rob!'' She run to him and he lifted her up.
''Hi pumpkin! Have you missed me?''
''Yes.'' She hugged him around his neck.

I went to Anna and kissed her cheek.
''What are you doing?'' I pushed the hair strand behind her ear.
''I was making cookies with Sofia.''
''Nice. I want to try them.''
''I need to bake them yet.'' She smiled at me. My heart skipped a bit when I looked at her.
''Who is that?'' She asked me.
''My best friend Robert. He came after business trip today.''

Robert came with Sofia closer to us.
''Hello, I'm Robert.'' He smiled and shook Anna's hand.
''Anna. Nice to meet you.''
''I didn't expect Edward to have fiancee sexy like this.'' He joked but it wasn't funny to me. I slapped him behind his head.
''Shut up.''
''Just kidding.'' He smirked.

''Do you want to join us for lunch?'' Anna asked him.
''Why not? I was hungry anyway.''
''Okay. Sofia come here. We need to change you.'' She took Sofia from Rob's arms and went upstairs.

''She is really good.'' Rob said.
''I told you.'' I open the fridge and grab two cans of beer from the fridge.
''Want one?'' I offer.
''Sure.'' I throw him a can for him to catch it.

Anna's POV

Robert seems really nice. I changed Sofia from the clothes she had in kindergarten into pink leggings and white T-shirt. She was rambling about her uncle Rob and how is she happy that he came.

I put her on my hip after I made her a ponytail. We came downstairs and Mary was already over with lunch. She set plates for us and I put Sofia to sit in her chair.

These two came and sat down. Robert sat across me and Edi next to me. He allowed me to call him Edi because it's me which made me happy.

''So Anna, how do you like it here?'' Robert asked me.
''It's great.'' I replied honestly.
''Does he buggs you sometimes? Just tell me, I'll beat his ass.'' He chuckled.
''Hey!'' Edi said furrowing his eyebrows.
''He is sometimes annoying.'' I say smirking.
''I'm not annoying. There is no day that you don't yell or throw a tantrum on me.'' Edi said.
''Well done Anna. He is arrogant sometimes.'' Rob laughed.
Edi pouted and I leaned in to kiss his cheek.
''And stubborn as a child. Sofia is better than him. Right baby?'' I turn to look at Sofia to see her stuffing her mouth.
She nodded her head smiling.

We were laughing while eating and I found out that Rob will be Edward's best man on our wedding. I decided that Kelly will be my maid of honor and Milla and Jennifer wanted to be bridemaids.

After we finished lunch, Rob said he must go home because he first came here when he arrived. He said bye to Sofia and us then drove off.

I went to put Sofia to sleep then got back downstairs. Mary already washed plates and cleaned the table. I told her to go home and doesn't come back for the dinner. I will do the dinner so she can rest.

I was bored so I took chips and went in the living room. Edi was already sitting there with beer and watching some movie. I sat between his legs like always and opened chips.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and held beer with other one. I leaned my head on his shoulder and stuffed my mouth with chips. I took one chip and brought it to his mouth which he gladly accepted.

We were chilling whole afternoon, just watching movies and cuddling. He is really warm when he hugs me. Edi is really a good friend when you get to know him.