Chapter 20

Anna's POV

I stared down at my three months baby bump. It feels so weird to have bigger stomach. I was always skinny one and it's unusual to see me bigger. My boobs have grown and my hips are wider, but I actually feel good.

My parents were so happy, but also worried how I'm going to give a birth with all responsabilities. I'm not worried at all actually. I'm going to attend the college until I have to give a birth. It's unexpected, but I also should expect that after we slept together countless times.

I was currently in my room doing some work for college after I put Sofia in bed. College is not actually tiring yet, but first exams are getting closer so I'll have to study.

I suddenly heard the door cracking open and Sofia's head sneaked through the door. When did she get up? I put her to sleep an hour and a half ago.

''Mommy can I come in?'' She squeaked.
''Sure, come here.'' I patted the bed next to me. She closed the door and climbed on the bed.
''Why did you wake up so fast?''
''I don't know. What are you doing?''
''School work.''
''Okay.'' She leaned her head on my arm and looked in the laptop.

I was typing on the laptop while she was just looking. She didn't bother me or anything. I smiled when she rubbed my stomach. She is so considerate towards me. She told me that I should carry her less and rest more. And she's just three years old.

My phone was buzzing out of the sudden. I picked it up and some female voice spoke.

''Hello, is this Mrs. Reed?''
''Yes, it's me.''
''I'm calling from the hospital. Mr. Reed got in the car accident.'' My breath stuck in my throat and my eyes watered.

''When?''
''He arrived here four hours ago. For more informations please come in the hospital.'' She hung down and left me speechless.

''Mommy what's going on?'' Sofia asked me scared.
''We need to go somewhere now.'' I moved my laptop and got up with her.

I quickly dressed myself and Sofia then rushed to the car. I was driving fast but safely. I parked in front of the hospital and took Sofia out.

I walked to the reception where older nurse was.
''Edward Reed.''
''Room 150. First floor.'' She said after she checked the computer.
''Thanks.''

I was walking until I came in front of the room. Just then the doctor came out of his room.
''Hello, you must be his wife and daughter.''

''Yes. Doctor, what happened?''
''He got in a minor car accident. Luckily nothing is broken but he has minor cuts. He will be released tomorrow after we run some tests. You can go inside now, if you want.''

''Thank you doctor.'' I say as he left.
''Mommy, is daddy hurt?'' Sofia looked at me almost crying.
''He is okay now. Let's go to see him.''

I opened the door slowly and saw him on the bed lying with needle in his hand. He had a bandage on his forehead and one under his neck.

''Daddy!'' Sofia squealed.
He smiled weakly as I sat her down on the bed next to him.
''Hi princess.''
''Are you okay daddy?''
''I am now.''

''What happened?'' I ask. It sounded cold but I almost died from being worry.
''Nothing. I just didn't look where I was going and trashed into a wall.''
''Wow. You said that like it's not a big deal that you could have died on the spot.'' I say frustrated.
''Anna stop.'' He looked over Sofia who had her eyes wider than usual.

''I'm going to the restroom.'' I said and got out of the room. I felt tears prickle at the end of my eyes until I broke down crying. I rushed to the restroom where were only two persons.

I ignored them and turned on the water. I splashed the water in my face to refresh myself. I always tell myself to think about positive thoughts, but I can't bring myself to it. What if something else happened?

I dried my face with towel paper and went back to the room. I entered and closed the door. I saw Sofia still rambling about something.

''Mommy are you okay?'' She asked me as I sat down on the chair. I rubbed my stomach slowly.
''I'm fine.'' I smile.
''Mommy we were talking about baby's names.''
''You did? So what did you decide?''
''We don't know yet. There are so many pretty names.'' She giggled.
''We have time to decide.'' I chuckled.

''How far are you?'' Edward asked.
''Three months. I already checked with doctor.'' I say nonchalantly.
''Oh you already did?'' He asked in a mocked tone, but I know he is annoyed.
''So you didn't think that I as a father should come with you?''
''I didn't.'' I mumble feeling a little quilty about that.
''You are unbelievable.'' He said shaking his head in disbelief.

I shut my mouth before responding anything in front of Sofia. She watched us looking sad and that made me sad too. She didn't deserve watching how her parents are fighting.

Sofia pleaded me later to stay here for a night before going back home tomorrow, all of us together. I agreed because it already got late. There was a couch in the room where I laid down to sleep and Sofia scooted with Edward on his bed.