Chapter Eight

Florence found herself in the Med room the next day, busying around the room to aid Clint as he gave stitches to a Slicer with a particularly bad gash on his arm.

Someone remind me why we gave these boys knives.

Clint was insanely calm as he stitched up the boy's injury, Jeff hovering just by his side waiting on the side-lines just in case he needed anything. Someone cleared their throat from the door of the Med room, and the awkward yet confidence of it led Florence to realise that it was Minho.

She turned away from her fellow Med-jacks to greet the Runner who stood at the door with a wide grin. His hair was stuck to his forehead due to sweat, and his breathing was evening out slowly, leading the girl to conclude he had just come from the Maze.

"What's up Minho?"

His smirk didn't seem any less bright at the fact he was at the Med-room, which would generally mean he had some sort of injury.

"Oh I uh, I have a cut on my finger. I just came to get a plaster." He pouted childishly, and Florence rolled her eyes fondly. Inside, she thought it rather strange Minho was acknowledging the fact he had such a small injury.

"Deciding to start looking after yourself huh?" She asked him teasingly, eliciting a scoff from the boy. She fished through a few boxes to grab a plaster small enough for the cut on his finger.

"Thought I should. It would be devastating for everyone if something happened to me." He claimed, his egoistical side returning, and Florence stifled a laugh at his overconfidence. She returned towards him, taking his finger and wrapping the plaster around it. 

Jokingly, she placed a kiss on it once she finished. Her lips only touched his skin briefly and softly, turning up in a smile afterwards.

"All better now."

Minho had lost his words after the girl's actions, his breath knocked out of his chest by the butterflies going wild inside himself. His usual cockiness was nowhere to be found. He blurted out a thank you, and abruptly turned on his heel to leave the room.

Jeff and Clint exchanged a bemused expression which the girl just so happened to miss, as she turned back to them as if nothing had happened. What she didn't miss was their not so subtle glances accompanied with identical smirks.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

The next day, almost the same exact thing happened. The Med-jacks were having more of a quiet day, so Clint was the first to realise Minho had appeared at the door of the Med room.

He nudged Jeff, who looked up to the door spotting the boy. They broke out into quiet snickers as it was obvious the reason Minho was back in the Med room.

Florence was busy filing supplies away on the shelves, her back turned to the three boys. Minho was looking at her with amusement, as she was going up onto her tiptoes to try and put something away onto the top shelf. She was quite short, so she was struggling, yet no one was helping.

"Heya."

Minho finally said, and Florence jumped out of her skin nearly toppling over. She spun around and a suspicious expression fell onto her face at the sight of the Runner back in the room.

"What did you do this time?" She asked teasingly with a sigh, and Minho only pouted as he strolled across the room towards her, ignoring the other two Med-jacks much closer to him. Clint and Jeff shared another knowing look, but the other two were so oblivious to it that they didn't hear the boys making excuses to leave the room.

"I think it's my shoulder princess. I can barely move it." This was an obvious tactic by Minho. This way, he'd have an excuse for Florence to see his biceps, and obviously she'd fall in love with him then! Well, that's not exactly what he was planning, but something alike to it.