Episode 2

The ninja had a pretty boring night if they were honest. Other than tying up the thugs that had already been taken care of for the most part when they arrived, it was an uneventful evening. It was a rare occurrence for them to have breaks, so it was nice.

"For once, I'm not exhausted." Nya chuckled, stretching her arms above her head to stretch.

Jay took the opportunity to swoop in and wrap an arm around her waist, which she neither commented on nor objected to as she relaxed, making her way into the monastery that had, on and off for the past five or six years, been her home. Been all of their homes. "Agreed! It's nice to not get into fights for a change."

Even Cole was glad for a night off, and he was usually the least sore of them all after a long night of scaling roofs and climbing around. It was a general consensus of a good night.

"I see you all had a good night on patrol in Ninjago City." A wise old man, their Master Wu, appeared from inside the monastery as the ninja all entered the courtyard. "Absolutely Master Wu. Piece of cake." Kai replied, smug as ever. The wise old man narrowed his eyes, allowing his gaze to shift between each of his students. "Well, then seeing as none of you are tired, you should have no problems staying up the rest of the day and training."

They all froze in their tracks, and immediately a chorus of complaining and trying to back out. "Come on sensei." Kai dropped his posture, and his head. "We've been up since yesterday morning." "Yes, but if you have enough energy to call a night of a patrol a piece of cake, you have enough energy to stay up. I suggest you get into your training Gi's and get started."

Wu was the only one to notice that Lloyd hadn't said anything. He hadn't come back as jovially as the others, but he wasn't complaining about staying up either. It was like he wasn't even paying attention.

"Lloyd." The blonde young man shook himself out his thoughts, having barely registered their flight home, and looked at his aged teacher. "Yes sensei?" "I'd like to speak to you in private first."

The green ninja looked to his friends, concerned for his safety, and they all shrugged. "Good luck man!" Called out Kai, rushing in to change. Jay thrust a fist in the air, a half-hearted smile on his face. "We're rooting for you buddy!"

The green ninja had a feeling he'd fucked something up and was about to get an earful of it, but he remained outside to face his teacher none the less.

"What's the matter?"

Lloyed went from concerned, to down right confused. "What sensei?" "I asked what's the matter. You didn't say anything about the patrol, and you didn't even blink when I told you all to stay up." Wu was a wise and observant man, and he thought of Lloyd like his own child, as he did all of his students. He placed a wrinkled hand on Lloyd's shoulder, his eyes filled with concern for the student who had most certainly the most burdens on the team. "I'm old, but not blind. I can tell something is bothering you."

None of the others had sensed anything off, but Lloyd had practice keeping his troubles to himself. At least, from everyone but his mother and Wu.

He released a heavy sigh from deep within his core, and leaned up against one of the wooden pillars that supported the monastery. "While we were on patrol, we ran across these thugs who were attacking a man and his daughter. Before we could intervene, a girl came out of nowhere and started taking them. She put up a hell of a fight. I intervened at the end, but she took out three of them before I could."

I'm sure it's fine. I've had much worse.

"Well, while we strive to arrive faster so people like that man and his daughter don't get hurt, I don't see why a girl being a good citizen and helping them out should distress you so much, especially when you all arrived in time to finish the job."