4. MURDEROUS HIGHS AND LUSTFUL EYES

04.
[MURDEROUS HIGHS AND LUSTFUL EYES]

THE PRINCE OF Hollywood fittingly lived like royalty.

"Milady," Reed bowed, taking Charlotte's coat as she shrugged it off.

"Nice place," she commented, eyeing every piece of shiny jewelry she saw. "What's to stop me from robbing you blind and taking off?"

Reed walked around her, his shoulder brushing lightly against her skin. "Because as much as you like diamonds and sapphires, you like the game more." He held her gaze, an all-knowing smirk dancing on his lips.

She couldn't deny that.

"And also because I'll kill you the minute you leave," he smiled.

What a flirt.

"Not if I kill you first," she shot back, honey dripping from her threat. With a wink, she left his side and roamed the house.

Her fingers danced across the marble countertops to the glass dining tables. Silver shadows sparkled in every corner of the house. Everything looked like it came out of a movie.

He looked like he came out of a movie. With those dark eyes that watched her every move, she relished in his dangerous attention.

"Well," she said, spinning around under the golden chandelier. "I better be getting the best room in this disgustingly lavish mansion."

Reed laughed, "Of course." With a wicked smile, he took her hand and led her towards a room down the long hallway and pushed the door open.

Wandering in, her eyes once again zeroed in on the valuables lying around. Every inch and every corner of the house seemed to drip with silver and gold. She picked up a dainty bracelet and put it on, inspecting the way it shined under the fluorescent light.

"Do I get to have all this?" Charlotte asked.

She had never had nice things. She lived a simple life, learning to never rely on material things. What's there to have that couldn't be stolen?

"What's mine is yours," Reed said, watching her intensely. The darkness in his eyes excited her. She wasn't sure if it meant he wanted to fuck her or if he wanted to kill her.

Funny how lustful eyes so often resembled murderous ones. But then again, lust for pleasure and lust for blood really weren't that different, were they?

Either way, she couldn't get enough of it.

"Then let's not be shy," she said, dropping her small bag. She pulled her trusty knife out and looked up at him through her eyelashes. "Terms. I won't kill you if you won't kill me."

Leaning against the door, his expression remained unchanged – as sly and as calculating as ever. "Fair enough."

"Good," she smiled, placing the knife down carefully. She walked towards him until they were breaths apart. "Then I don't see why we can't mix business with pleasure."

His gaze didn't waver.

"In addition to our...partnership," Charlotte flicked the collar of his shirt, "we can help each other out in other ways."

She pressed her lips softly against his cheek, her hands running down his arms. She was never one to be tamed. She lived a fast life. A reckless life. She did what she wanted and right then, she wanted Reed.

She knew he wanted her too. She didn't miss the lust in his gaze that night and certainly not the lust in his eyes right then.

He smiled against her lips.

"I knew you were going to be a fun one," he whispered, placing his hands on her hips. He crashed his lips on hers, sealing a deal that only the devil approved.

Apparently, lust was a sin.

Good thing they were already sinners.