Chapter Thirty-Two - What's It Like

Chapter Thirty-two

What's It Like Having Sex with the Cure to the Zombie Infection?

"Let's go," Nathan said packing up his portable chemistry set.

"Okay." I stood and hugged everybody.

"Be safe," Mom cried.

"I'm going to be three blocks away. Literally. I don't think I can get into much trouble three blocks away."

"I know, but still, be safe. Humor your mother."

I kissed her cheek lightly. "I'll see everybody in the morning. We should all be happy, nobody has to shoot me!"

Taz, Liz, and Meaghan followed us out.

"You sure you don't want us to go with?" Liz asked.

Nathan shook his head. "No. We'll be alright. I'm just going to monitor her for a while. I don't think it's necessary though."

"Be safe." Meaghan hugged me tight.

Taz patted my shoulder and sighed heavily.

Nathan grabbed my hand and led all of us out of the dungeon. Andrew stood right outside the door smoking a cigarette. I could feel his eyes on me the entire way up the staircase. We all parted ways in front of the courthouse. I watched as my parents and Meaghan headed toward the row of stores turned into homes.

"Come on." Nathan squeezed my hand and led me to his nearly abandoned apartment building.

"Why are you having me stay with you? Are you really going to work on a vaccine tonight?"

"No," he said quietly.

"Then what?"

"I want you to myself."

"Why?"

"I almost lost you, Emma. I love you. I-I just need you with me tonight."

"I love you, too," I replied.

We ducked under the broken door and climbed up to his apartment. The hallway seemed to be even more silent than usual. You could have heard a pin drop. Nathan pushed open the door to his apartment and deposited the chemistry equipment on a side table. He turned toward me and stared at me with a smoldering gaze.

"What?" I asked softly.

He shook his head while placing one of his hands on the small of my back and the other knotted in my hair. He gently tugged my head back and pressed his lips to mine in a determined and rather unexpected kiss. The kiss was so demanding and firm.

"Emma," he breathed into my ear. "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I want to spend every moment of every day with you."

I could feel the blood rushing to my face. I had no doubt my cheeks were a bright red. His lips returned to mine. His tongue and lips coaxed mine open. I obliged and allowed his tongue to invade my mouth. I tentatively allow my tongue to meet his. The hand that knotted in my hair moved down my back. He pulled me against his firm body and squeezed tightly. Both of his hands travel to my ass and he hauls me up onto him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. Our lips still connected he carried me to his bedroom. He deposited me onto the bed and leaned over top of me. I reached up and pulled off his shirt. His bare chest was remarkable. I trailed my hands up his arms to his biceps. His muscles were surprisingly large. I run my hands to his shoulders and down his chiseled chest. His mouth parted slightly and he moaned. As the sound escapes from his mouth, I covered his lips with mine. I placed my hands on either side of his face and trace my fingers back into his hair. It was my turn to have my hands knotted in his hair. I pulled him down onto me. I moved my hands to his back and scratched softly. He arched against my touch and began a more determined assault on my lips. He released my mouth and lay on his side. He pulled my t-shirt over my head and unbuttoned my jeans. He trailed his hand from the top of my jeans, up my stomach, between my breasts, and to my neck.