ᴺᵉʳᵈ

PRESENT

Ander's knee rapidly shook under the table as his hand fiddled with his shirt sleeve. He hated being sat in this room. The grey walls made him feel claustrophobic and the constant flickering of the light bulb was giving him a migraine.

"You couldn't have been happy with what Marina was doing to your girlfriend and your friend Omar. Right?"

Ander nodded, not being able to look at the detective in the eye. "I did hate her a lot for what she did to them." The woman watched the boy in front of her tear up. "Marina made her miserable."

"Julieta?"

Ander nodded once more. "Marina was using me to threaten her. Because she knew Julieta would do anything she wanted as long as Marina left me alone."

The detective quickly wrote down in her notes before raising her eyebrows at the teen, slight wrinkles forming on her forehead. "Do you think Marina was jealous of Julieta?"

"Maybe. I can't say for sure." Ander shrugged. "But I do know that no one does that to someone unless deep down they wanted to really hurt that person, or at least screw with them."

Ander placed his head in his hands to cover his teary eyes from the detective, the pain he was feeling in his heart being too overwhelming to keep inside. "God, what it made Julieta do--" He held back a sob.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

3 WEEKS EARLIER

The trio watched from their table in the library as Marina suddenly stood up, telling Samuel she was gonna puke before rushing out of the room.

Julieta rolled her eyes at the redhead's constant problems and turned her attention back to her English book. The brunette had spent the last 42 hours studying for their exam this afternoon and she was slowly losing her mind. The girl just hoped it would be enough to get her grades back up.

Lu chuckled as she witnessed the scene. "What's up with the hippie now?"

"No idea. She doesn't tell me anything now." Carla scoffed and pursing her lips. "Our friendship lasted five minutes."

Julieta was still suspicious as to why Marina had wanted to become friends with Carla again. Of course, the girl might have just done it to rekindle an old friendship. And granted, at the time she had been going through a lot with everyone finding out she's HIV positive. But the brunette knew Marina. She knew there was always more to the story when it came to her.

Lu hummed and tapped her pen on her own English book. "What a coincidence. Just when the watches went missing."

Carla looked at Lu as if she had just told them she was going to sell all of her Louis Vuittons. "What are you saying? Why would Marina rob us?"

"Come on Carla, as if her family had no criminal history."

The blonde rolled her eyes. "Your problem is that you're still miffed about the thing with Martín."

Julieta scoffed at that, remembering yet another problem Marina had gotten herself involved in.

Lu placed her manicured hand on her friend's shoulder. "Dear, that only confirms that this girl is not to be trusted. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on her."