5. CHEMISTRY

~ KENMA ~

~ KENMA ~

"Hey, you good there buddy?" Kuroo asked, with genuine concern.

It was the third time in ten minutes that I had accidentally walked into a pole. God, what is wrong with me?

I couldn't even concentrate on my game, let alone walk properly. Ever since last night I couldn't seem to get my mind off her. WhiteFire13. I wonder what she's like? I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that I'd actually gotten a girl's phone number. And unknowingly, too. How did I not realise it earlier?

I mean, she did always call me 'bro', and she was fine with being called that too. She really gave off that edgy, but kind of cool, gamer boy vibe. But now that I've discovered 'the man behind the screen' was actually a woman, I didn't really know how to feel. In a totally unbiased and non-sexist way, I found that even more impressive. Her sniping skills were insane...

"Earth to Kenma?" An annoying dragged me out of my thoughts. That damn rooster...

"What do you want?" I snapped, glaring at him through the side of my eye.

"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just trying to be a decent friend and ask if you're okay," he returned, crossing his arms, "but clearly you don't give half a donkey's ass about my concerns."

"Sorry." I mumbled. "It's just that most of the things you have to say turn out to be unimportant."

"You little brat..." He muttered angrily, before adding. "I don't know what is up with you these days. You seem so... out of it."

"I don't."

"You do."

"Don't."

"Do."

"Don't."

"Do."

"Don't."

This went on for a solid five minutes, before he finally gave up. "Fine, whatever. I can't be bothered to argue with you."

I smiled. "That's right, now shut up."

The rest of our walk to school was relatively silent, which I really enjoyed, except for the occasional irritated mumble from Kuroo.

~~~~

It was the last period, and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of this shit-hole they call a 'school'. Today had been far from decent. All I wanted right now was to go home and game the night away in my dark, cozy bedroom. And maybe apple pie. It always cheered me up.