15. IDENTITY

~ KENMA ~

~ KENMA ~

"Hey, Fire-chan, how old are you?"

I watched painstakingly as Kuroo began with his casual interrogation. For context, I was currently flat on the floor, pinned under the tremendous weight of Fukurodani's ace, glaring at the rooster who had taken over my seat, with my phone in his hand, and my earphones plugged in, talking to my friend.

But there was nothing I could do about it, and Kuroo knew that. I turned pleadingly towards Akaashi, who gave me an apologetic look, as if to say "sorry bro, I can't do anything either". I was pissed off, but then again, I couldn't really blame him. This was Kuroo and Bokuto we were talking about.

"Apple Pie is seventeen, you know?" I heard the rooster say, before smirking at me.

"She knows, you bed-head bastard."

Kuroo ignored me and continued. "So, whereabouts do you live?"

Well, that question was a bit creepy. What was he trying to do? Locate and kidnap her?

"Really?!" The rooster jumped in excitement. "K- Apple Pie, you hear that? She lives in Tokyo too!"

"Well, maybe if you put her on speaker then I might be able to hear." I remarked in annoyance. Wait... "She lives in Tokyo?!"

She never told me that. I mean, I've never actually asked.

Kuroo gave me another creepy smile before asking again. "Fire-chan, what school do you go to?"

I had to admit, despite the unfortunate situation I was in, I was still a bit curious. Usually, when it was just Fire and I, we never really got to this topic. It was just common decency to respect someone's privacy. But, of course, that didn't really matter to the one and only Kuroo Tetsurou.

Suddenly, his eyes lit up in a combination of surprise and delight. I felt my own heartbeat speed up with anticipation. What is it? Hurry up. Don't keep me waiting. With a face of astonishment, he turned towards me and mouthed a single word that almost gave me a heart attack. Nekoma.

My jaw dropped and I mirrored Kuroo's expression as my mind slowly processed the shocking piece of information. She goes to Nekoma...

How did I not realise this? Surely, I would have known if someone as important as Fire went to the same school as me. And she was in my grade, too. So that would mean, I must've made contact with her at some point.

Who could it be? Right now I was beginning to regret being an antisocial little shit. If I had just taken the tiniest amount of time and effort to interact with people, maybe I'd actually have a clue.