Prologue

Shrieks of agony rang out the entire Kingdom as another night began of fiery torture. The dragon that had entered the kingdom for the past month was unrelenting. Each night everyone prayed that the beast would go away and move on somewhere else. 

The King sat on his throne with his head hung low. He had searched far and wide for a dragon slayer, but everywhere his Knights searched, people laughed in their face. No one believed in dragons. Everyone believed it was folklore. His very Kingdom at one point believed that it was childish stories. They never imagined that a dragon was real and would prey on their kingdom. 

The Kingdom of Elsinore had suffered for twenty-eight days of sleepless nights. All except for the King's daughter Eloise. Each night Eloise would go to bed just before sun down because she would start to grow sluggish and tired. Doctors said it was a minor case of narcolepsy. Thus, every evening just before sun down, the Princess took to her bed chambers and slept. 

Little did everyone know, that the reason why the Princess grew sluggish and tired was because she was beginning her transformation into the very dragon the Kingdom of Elsinore was all afraid of. Eloise herself did not know that she was the dragon. Every night when she turned into a dragon she had no control of it. She was not even self aware of it. It was like a bad case of sleep walking but worse. Thus each morning, the Princess woke up in her bed completely refreshed and well rested; not knowing that she was the threat to her kingdom.