Fourty Seven

"Um, what are you guys doing?"

Rae and Taehyung turn their head at the sound of Hoseok's voice. They're seated on the living room chair, a book in Taehyung's hand—one of Taehyung's books that Hoseok had gifted Rae—that Rae begged the novelist to read to her (because she wants to visualize how Taehyung wrote it in his head); after 20 minutes of going back and forth Taehyung finally gave in to the female's charm and read to page 14;

(not really getting far with Rae's constant questions like 'bet I can guess you're favorite color?' A response, 'bet you can't,' and immediately after she's yelling out 'green,' then a follow up question, 'why green?' Her expression slightly falters, thinking she had gotten it wrong, 'I think it's a color that best represents you.' He takes a moment to sit there and contemplate her words. If he was being honest, he never particularly favored a specific color up until she yelled out 'green!' with such an up close feral passion in her eyes. So, he tells her she was right; now he believes he won't be able to see the color green ever the same again—and he was completely okay with that.); before Hoseok entered through the front door with Hyun in his arms and questioned their actions.

Not to mention Rae made Taehyung wear one of his oversized hoodies so she too could fit into said hoodie; reading glasses perched on top of both of the couple's nose. Oh, and clay face masks while also sharing earphones that are currently playing smooth jazz (again, there was a debate about what type of music to play; Taehyung wanting calming music, because it helps him focus and Rae wanting anything, but that, because it'll knock her out (they opted to switch genres every ten pages to alleviate the growing tension).

Taehyung's expression sours as he listlessly shifts his gaze back onto the book in his grasp after eyeing the devil child with its claws wrapped around his other parent. Rae grins when she see's Hyunie, about to submerge her head under the hoodie to get up and hug the little boy, but a firm grip around her waist keeps her in place and away from the venom that Taehyung knows the beast is emitting to lure in his prey.

She pays no mind to the arm around her torso; either way making it her mission to let the little baby know that she's missed him very much from the last time she got to see him. Hyun spots Rae in the comfortable tangled mess of her and his uncle, small feet tapping against Hoseok's side to signal the young adult to put him down.

Once out of his father's hold, he's skipping over to where Rae resides. Taehyung catches a glimpse of Hyun running over to them and sneers. "Aw, Rae don't bring it over here!" Her arms appear underneath the beige hoodie to catch the bouncy toddler into a tight hug. Taehyung leans backward when one of Hyun's claws come near him.

"Hi, Hyunie. I've missed you so much," She coos as she moves back once Hyun stops hugging her; a huge toothy grin stretched across his adorable face. He squeals in excitement. That's when she notices the new hairstyle; a shorter and wavier bowl cut, "You look so cute with your new hair cut!"

Hoseok smiles, asking Hyun what he says in return to a compliment. Hyun clasps one of his small hands near his mouth and whispers, "Thwank you, Raa." She supposes it was a way to let her know that he was only talking to her.

She smiles down at him and ruffles his fluffy hair. Taehyung urges Rae to come back so he can continue reading—even though he was opposing to such an ordeal 25 minutes ago and fussing about how hot it was in this hoodie with two bodies up against each other.

She leans back into Taehyung and giggles. "You're so annoying."

"Ya mama."

"Which one?"

Hoseok and Taehyung furrow their eyebrows at her response. Taehyung sighs, bringing his arm up to place Rae's head against his chest and turning back to the book. "You're lucky I care about you."