Chapter 16

Emmalin P.O.V

"Emmy! Emmy! Emmy! Emmy!" I wake up when I feel Sofie jump on top of me. That night, when I spoke to Antonio about everything, I fell into a peaceful slumber, only waking up at ten o'clock the next morning. Today is my birthday, which is probably why Sofie is so excited.

"Good morning to you too, beautiful." I say, slowly sitting up, and pulling her small body into a hug.

"Today is your birthday! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Emmy, happy birthday to you." She sings, making me smile at her.

"Thanks, Sofie." I take a shower, and decide to wear a really nice sundress for the day. I then brush out my long hair, and leave it loose for the day. I neatly place the card that Sofie made me, on my desk, and skip downstairs.

"There she is." Dante says, sweeping of my feet, and giving me a bone-crushing hug. "Happy birthday, princess." He murmurs.

"Thank you." I kiss his cheek, and hug every one of my brothers, and Sofie, because she wanted another hug.

"My baby sister is all grown up now." Luca wipes an imaginary tear from his cheek.

"Luca, I'm only fifteen." I giggle.

"Think about it, in three year, you'll be a legal adult." We all pause for a moment, thinking about what he just said.

Suddenly, Gio holds me like he would a teddy bear. "Not my baby. She will forever be a little bambina." We all laugh at his antics, and have a wonderful breakfast, filled with love and laughter.

"Okay, time for presents!" Luca says, making jazz-hands. If I'm being honest, I didn't even think of presents. In my previous years, only Mrs Colman would give me a present, since she was the only one who remembered, other than Sofie.

"Okay, so here's how we did it. We split up into three teams. We also had Leo take you for ice-cream, so we could get them ready." I knew something was up when Leo took me for ice-cream yesterday, but I didn't question it, because who questions being taken out for ice-cream?

"Okay, we're going first." Gio says. Apparently, he and Luca are a team. They lead me to one of the rooms downstairs, and I wonder if my present is inside. Luca opens the door, and I gasp. They've transformed to room into an art studio. On the walls, are shelves stocked with different paints, paintbrushes, sketchpads, graphite pencils, and pastels. On the other side, there are so many canvases, it would last me my entire life, and my children's. right by the window, are three large easels.

"Wow." I breath. I'm at a loss for words, so I pounce on the two of them, hugging the breath out of them.

"Okay, our turn." Dante says, ruining our moment.

They lead me to the room opposite from the art room, and I gasp yet again. The first thing I see, is the beautiful grand piano in the middle of the room. I feel possessed, as I walk towards it. Gliding my hand over the shiny black top.

"Aaand..." Enzo drawls out. He walks to the other side of the room that has some kind of sound system, connected to a large monitor. "You can record your singing with the piano if you want to hear how you sound." My eyes are wide. I can't decide which room is better.

"This is..." I can't finish. "Thank you." They both grin triumphantly, as I give them huge hugs.

"Emmy, it's our turn now." Sofie looks at Antonio, who gives her a nod. She sprints off, and returns a minute later with a sparkly pink scarf, and gives it to Antonio.

"Okay, I'm going to blindfold you now, then we can leave." I nod, wondering where he's taking me. Once he's done tying the scarf, I'm lifted off the ground. By the smell of the cologne, I know it's Dante who is carrying me. he places me inside what I think is the limo.

"Where are we going?" I ask, after five minutes in the car.

"Good question." Enzo says.

"It's a thupwise. (surprise)" Sofie says, and Antonio agrees with her.

"Out you come, princess." Antonio says, lifting me out of the car, and carrying me off somewhere.

He puts me down, and very slowly, takes the blindfold off.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Everyone shouts, making me jump three feet into the air.

"Wh-what..." In front of me, stands all of my cousins, Elena, and Chase. I look around, and see we're in an amusement park. But... Nobody else is here, other than us.

"I'm confused..." Antonio chuckles.

"Well, Tesoro, I rented out the park, so no-on is here, other than staff, and shop owners. Now, you can spend the day with your family and friends." He explains. I feel my eyes well up, thinking about all he did.

"Thank you so much." I whisper into his ear, while hugging him.

"Your welcome, Miele." (honey)

"Give your favourite cousin a hug." Matteo says, approaching me. before he could, he was shoved out of the way by none other than my best friend, Elena, who tackles me in a hug so tight, I could barely breathe.

"Can't...Breathe."

"Oops, sorry about that." She smiles. I hug all of my cousins that I've grown close with over the past few months. They all give me presents, which the twins put in the limo. I went on every ride at least twice. Eventually, I decided to go see Sofie, who was is Antonio's care.

"Hey, Dante? Where are Antonio and Sofie?" Dante looks around the children's area.

"I don't- Oh, wait. He needed to see Nicholas, so he went to meet him in one of the restaurants here. Sofie is with him, don't worry." The name sounded familiar.

"The guy whose parents died?" Dante nods. Poor guy.

Antonio P.O.V

"Nicholas, this is Sofia. Our sister." Sofie takes Nicholas' outstretched hand in her small, chubby one.

"It's very nice to meet you, Sofia." She looks at him curiously.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, sir." She replies politely, and I can tell that Nick is shocked. I smile proudly at her. "Do you know Carter?" I tense up, and nick looks sad. He knows the situation.

"I don't know Carter, sweetheart." He says softly. Sofie studies him for a second, before nodding her head and smiling.

"Okay, we can be friends, then." He smiles at her.

"I would love to be your friend, bambina." (baby)

"Sofia, why don't you go look at those fish in that tank?" I suggest, and she rushes over to the fish tank.

"I thought you had two sisters?" I nod my head, and take a seat.

"Yes, it's Emmalin's birthday today, that's why we rented the place out for the day.

"Oh really? How old is she?"

"She turned fifteen today." He nods with a smile. He's always been fond of children. Just then, Sofie comes running back to us. I signal for nick to stop speaking.

"Antonio." She whines. "I got a ouchie." She holds up her pinkie finger which is now bleeding.

"How did that happen?" I question, leading her to the tap, and rinsing it off.

"There was a broken glass on the floor, and I fell." I head over to one of the first aid kits, and take out a small plaster. Sure enough, there was broken glass all over the floor. I know she didn't break it, because we would have heard it. I call one of the waiters to clean it up. I spot Elena through the window, and call her name.

"I have a knife!" She says, turning to me, and pointing her fingers out at me, as if that's intimidating. "Oh... Antonio... I was just..." her eyes dart to her left, and I see none other than Enzo frozen on the spot.

"I won't tell Emmalin, but can you two take Sofie?" She quickly nods, taking Sofie out of my arms, and rushing off.

"Sorry about that. Sofie has a photographic memory, just like Emmalin."

"Wow, that's extremely rare. Anyway, back to business. Now, about these Russians..."