To love and to Cherish Chapter 35

WARNING this chapter contains highly sensitive topics, including
-major character death
-graphic violence
-substance abuse
-suicidal ideation 
-sexual harassment

If you are triggered by any of the following please read at your own risk.

Stay safe.

If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.

Ernest Hemingway

1 year ago, Sioux Falls, With the Winchesters

Belle smiled at Jaibrien as they leaned against Baby, her angel plastered to her side as she plays with the curls of Belle's hair. Dean spoke lowly on the phone with Cas, apparently something to do with the Demon, Crowley they'd been looking for.

Dean turned toward them his face layered in disgust as he saw the loving expression plastered on Jay's lips as his daughter looks up at him. "The place Crowley is in is covered in angel warding, Cas can't get in, so, we'll have to take it from there." Neither girl missed the significant look that Dean gave the angel beside Belle.

"I suppose," she says lowly, "I'll join Castiel," her eyes look at Belle, "be careful love?"

The huntress smirks, "never." With a roll of her eyes and quick peck on the lips, the angel flew off, disappearing from their sights. Ignoring the look both her guardians shot her, she rolled her eyes, hopping on her bike, "lead the way losers."

***

As Jo did a quick distraction Belle silently got a slick angle on Demon number 2, her angel blade grasped in her hand tightly. "I think I should wait by my car." The blonde says, playing the part of scared, ditzy, rich girl.

"I said, get your ass in here." The demon snapped, Jo, attacking as he layed his hand on her. As soon as the other demon goes to jump on her, Belle lunges, attaching herself to his back as she wraps her legs tightly around his waist. Blade impeding itself through his windpipe, a low gurgling sound rang out as he choked on blood and the telltale implosion of the demon dying allowed her to drop as his body crashed to the ground.

"Good job Jo," Uncle Sammy praises as they made their way to the mansion, the electricity cutting just in time, good Dean was in.

Making their way inside silently, the three waited until the sound of footsteps neared them. "The names Crowley... right?" Sam asked sarcastically. Belle watched as the demon turned to face them where they waited at the end of the hall. Dean with his shotgun trustily drawn and Sam with Ruby's blade. Belle didn't have her blade out yet, she was hidden underneath a blanket of shadows a little further down the hall, ready and waiting.

The creature smirks, unsurprised and seemingly unbothered, "So the hardy boys finally found me." He starts,  taking steps forward when he pauses, eyes slinking down to the rug and her guardian's eyes follow dumbly. When he flips it, revealing the devil's trap, he didn't seem angry, just vaguely perturbed. "Do you have any idea, how much this rug cost me?" Belle goes to move when she feels her hands being yanked back, a knife held to her neck as two more henchmen overtake Dean and Sam. A quiet click resounds in the room, mixing with the hunters grunts of protest. Eye flash up as Crowley turns the colt. "This is it, right? This is what it's all about."