Inviting The Virgin (10)

Confusion was the only emotion I could muster. After all Zack had done to help me succeed why would he throw everything away? And even more concerning why Zack was so eager to make out with me when just a couple hours ago, he was comparing me to Stella insisting I’d throw up my dinner afterwards, actually he was right. 

            Within my confused state I turned around looking for the culprit but both Zack and the Mop had disappeared.

            With no direction to go I started to wander around. All the alcohol in my system had completely kicked in. My brain was spinning round while I walked in circles bumping into people without apologizing. Nothing was processing.

            Mimi stepped in front of me almost causing me fall over.

            “Eden,” She looked concerned her brows tightly together.

            My head was spinning around while I tried to hold down my vomit.

            “Eden.” She snapped her fingers in front of my face.

            I was barely aware of any movements I made until long after I had made them.

            “Did you get this challenged finished?” I shook my wildly before remembering that it was a very bad choice.

            “You’re fucking kidding me,” She rolled her eyes annoyed with me.   

            I couldn’t blame her for being upset with me. We were working as a team although I seemed to be the one messing up all the time.

            “I’m not like you, I can just make out with random strangers and not care about what other people think,” I shouted at her getting frustrated with her toting me around like a child.

            This wasn’t the first time it had happened.

            I yanked my arm free stomping away.

            “Hey,” She chased after me tugging on my shirt trying to keep me still.

            When that didn’t work she stood in front of me, nearly making me fall on top of her. I resisted the urge to shove and push her out of the way. Some of my sanity still remained. I watched passed Mimi seeing the most dangerous combination ever created.

            My eyes were wide while my heart pounded in my chest dangerously fast. It was almost as if I’d been sucker punched in the gut. My breathes heaved while I made my way back to the bar stools. Climbing up onto the stool was one of my hardest challenges.

            “I need a drink,” I exclaimed to the bartender who barely gave me another look.

            I placed the shot glass on the counter watching the two people stroll towards me while I waited for one of the busy performers to fill. Looking away I avoided the glance Adam was giving me before he took a couple strides sitting next to me.