23 • 二十三

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

"....waah, it's finally snowing, Ronnie! Look!" I look up from my laptop when Eunae unnie pointed her index outside of the coffee shop's window.

We were hanging out in Serendipity & Coffee and true to unnie's words, on the tip of her slanted hand was snow, falling from the sky. It's descending at a steady pace making me absentmindedly open my mouth in pure amazement. "Didn't they say chances are slim until next week?" I ask, both our eyes were still glued outside to the people running for shelter. A smile uncontrollably tugged on the corner of my lips when I hear the woman in front of me scoff in response. If I know, she most probably is rolling her eyes at the same time. "Oh, you know their forecasts are always trippy when it comes to snowfall."

"They even failed to predict it last year." She continues.

...Yeah, she's right on that one. The weather forecast last year announced that snow will start early by the second week of December but days passed, and still nothing happened. Everyone got so disappointed, I even remember the time when Vaughn got so mad because he couldn't wear his winter boots to school. All of us were basically lead on. It got colder, yes but snow hadn't come. It only did on the first days of the new year.

"Wait....which reminds me! Oh my god!" Opposite from her protests from before, my brows lift in question when Eunae straightens her slackened shoulders. "We can finally make those duckies!!!" Huh? the....the what now?

"Joon and I've been waiting for months to make these snow duckies we saw on the internet! We purchased this cute snow mold on amazon and we hadn't had the chance to test it out but now we finally can!" I crack a smile as the older gushed with her hands waggling in fists.

A comforting silence enveloped us in seconds as we continue drinking our coffee, savouring the only day we had time to hang out. A lot of plans were made as soon as we met but because of schedule conflicts, a little coffee date was what Eunae unnie and I finally settled for. A little on the ordinary but this will do for now.

My hands habitually nursed the mug in front of me, relishing the warmth it was giving. "It's also this time of the year, you know. Namjoon and I met two years ago at a library." I remained silent, wordlessly nodding at her to continue.

I couldn't help but beam again as I observe Eunae unnie reminisce a very precious memory. She must really keep it close to her heart because the only time I get to see her eyes sparkle is when she talks about a certain person — her soulmate. "He accidentally hit my shoulder with the spine of a book." Her laughter rang like dulcet bells, making me laugh along with her. Of course. It's Namjoon oppa we were talking about. "Naturally, I got mad. I was minding my own business but a clumsy 181 cm grown ass man had to ruin my peace by failing to look at where he was going. I was actually this close to throwing the book I was reading but we made eye contact..." I unconsciously leaned in when she teasingly took a moment to pause. "Then what?" I pressed.

"She fell in love with my charms and good looks... that's what happened." We both turned to the newcomer leaning on the chair next to us. We were so caught in our own space that we unknowingly didn't even notice Namjoon arriving. He's now smugly smiling at us, having caught us gossiping. Eyes amusingly turning to half moons at our expression, most especially with the one his soulmate was sporting. I laughed uncontrollably when I turn to see Eunae unnie's scowling face. She has her arms crossed in front of her, looking anything but amused. "I should have thrown that book at you." She muttered under her breath.

"But you didn't." Joon sang, taking the vacant seat beside her. "That was a very unique way of introducing yourself, oppa. Quite the first impression." I joked.

"Oh, Ronnie.... don't even get me started with his apology. He handed me his peanut butter milkshake." I cocked my head to the side in question. Actually, a beverage as an apology gift isn't that bad... "I'M ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS!" —Ohhh. Never mind.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!" Joon oppa whine-yelled.

When I shake my head side to side do I notice the not so subtle glances and whispers coming from other customers. Oh shoot. "Uhm, guys? Can we—" I annoyingly got cut when Eunae unnie shouted much louder this time, trying to outmatch her boyfriend. "You were trying to kill me!"

"We're starting to get weird l—" I was cut off......again

"I already said sorry!"

"Aish.... Children! Good job! You attracted cameras! They finally recognised you two." Then like magic, they turn to my direction, most especially to my embarrassingly red cheeks. "Let's go back please." To which they immediately bobbed their heads. They must have seen the paranoia in my eyes because god knows how I'm scared —no, terrified, when the fans eventually discover my relation to them. And I can't let that happen. Mere curiosity leads to another and knowing how good they are at investigating, it'll only be a matter of time before I get discovered.

———•••#•••———

"So like, you had a body guard? For a whole damn month?!" I shrieked.

Eunae slowly nodded her head. Her eyes were glazed over, must be thinking too hard on how to tell me the real weight of her contract without causing me to panic. "Shit." I swore.

"They didn't even let me see my family the whole time. We waited and waited until the news died down." I sucked in a breath, feeling my heart beat so fast. "But it turned out fine, Ronnie. They even let me tour with them. It'll be fine. You'll be fine." She said, trying to reassure me.

"I hope so, unnie."

———•••#•••———

Hello, this is late. Im sorry.

:<

Not proofread