Chapter 16: The Asshole resurfaces

Damian cursed and ran to his room to change. He threw on a black hoodie and black jeans then quickly tugged on a pair of black combat boots. He sighed and pulled up his phone. He already put a small microtracker on her hoodie. He put a few daggers on his belt, then hid them with his sweatshirt. He jumped out the window in her room, and saw that she was already halfway across town.

"How the hell did she manage to-" he lost sight on the tracker. He threw his phone and shattered it before pulling out a grappling gun. Dick's voice sounded over the intercom.

"Damian, is that you? I was patrolling and saw someone running across the rooftops, wearing a blue hoodie." Damian scowled.

"No Grayson, that's Marinette. I'm on my way after her. Catch her if you can, she's about to do something stupid." he heard Dick laugh.

"What is she about to do? Fall off a building?" Damian rolled his eyes.

"I might push her off if she even tries to do something else." Dick went quiet.

"So, what's the stupid thing she's about to do?" Damian sighed.

"I can't tell you unless she actually does it. I know Drake knows, but I think Todd might as well."

"Well I have sight of her. The only thing is, she's in Crime Alley. It looks like she's buying- OH HELL NO." there were grunting and groaning sounds over the comms.

"Nightwing? Come in. NIGHTWING?" Damian listened in.

"Just what the HELL do you think you're doing? You're Seventeen! I don't care if you turn eighteen next week!" Damian took a deep breath and hopped off the nearest building and ran down the street.

"Jesus Christ you're fast Marinette." Damian slightly panted. Nightwing held one guy by his neck in one hand and he was motioning to Marinette with the other.

"Who the hell is this guy? You're a minor! Damn it, I don't care if it's legal in France! It's not legal here!" Damian tapped Nightwing's shoulder.

"Thank you Nightwing, I got it from here." Dick rolled his eyes.

"Damian, I honestly think you should take her home. I don't care if she can fight, she'll be eaten alive out here." Damian nodded. Marinette crossed her arms.

"You know, I paid 50 bucks for that!" Nightwing glared at her.

"Well too bad. It's going down the drain. Why the actual fuck do you think I would allow you to drink two bottles of Vodka? You're crazy." Nightwing swung away.

"You know, he's right-" he held her hand up.

"I don't know and I don't care." she passed 20 bucks to another guy in the Alley.

"Why are you paying them? What did they do?" she whipped her head around.

"It's compensation! Becuase that Wing dude just beat up his brother! These guys are pretty chill once you get to meet them." Damian rolled his eyes.

"I get it, you have connections. Now say bye to them, we are going home." She scoffed.

"My home is not here. I don't LIVE here as you should know!" Damian stomped his foot.

"I'M TRYING TO HAVE A SERIOUS CONVERSTATION WITH YOU!" she turned around and pouted.

"Well I'm trying to subtly avoid it!" he put an arm on her shoulder.

"Marinette you scared me." his eyes were furious. "You are so reckless and it drives me insane. Something inside me wants to protect you. But I have a hard time doing that if you keep trying to get yourself killed! I don't know what the hell I'm feeling inside, but being around you triples it. This whole thing doesn't make any sense and it's pointless." Damian dropped his arm. "Can we please just go back home? This isn't the safest place to have this conversation."

"Well, I mean there is nowhere else to go." He sighed in relief.

"Bugaboo, is that you?" Damian felt her freeze beside him. Damian turned around and saw that blonde kid. He scowled and felt Marinette shake in anger next to him. He put an arm around Marinette and glared at the other kid. They started walking, and Damian felt an arm on his shoulder. He grabbed the arm and twisted it, hearing a snap. He dislocated the kid's arm.

"Go back to wherever you are staying. Leave us alone or I will not hesitate to break every bone in your body." Adrien smirked and slammed his arm into the wall next to him putting it back in place.

"I'm not going back without my princess here." Marinette turned around and socked him in the throat. Adrien smirked and held his throat. "There's my fiesty little bug. I think it's time we go back home to Paris. I have a surprise for you." Marinette shuddered and backed up torward Damian. She wrapped her arms around his waist and hid her face in his chest. He looked down at her fondly then looked up, annoyed.

"No. She's actually staying with me for a while. We should get going. There's something we have to take care of." Adrien growled and lunged and Damian spun his body around to avoid the kid.

"Damian." Marinette whispered. "Can we just go home?" He nodded and pulled out his grapple gun. As they swung up, Adrien grabbed Marinette's leg and pulled them both down. He laughed.

"I don't think I made myself clear. I'm not leaving without her." Damian turned them around mid air to catch the blunt of the fall. He felt her wince above him.

"Well neither am I Agreste, so can we make this quick?" Adrien smirked.

"Gladly. Hey darling how's Tikki? I found out that you are the new guardian. I need you to do something for me." Damian threw a Dagger at Adrien who swiftly dodged. "Plagg hasn't been coming out of my ring or talking to me. Can you get him out?" Damian felt her head pop up.

"Well if you hand me the ring, then I can easily fix that." Adrien cackled coldly.

"You seriously think I'm going to fall for that? You're so naive." Damian threw a smoke bomb at the ground in front of him but Adrien quickly dropped to the ground and caught it in a roll. "I already told you Wayne. Yes, I know who you are. I'm not leaving without my purrincess." Damian scoffed.

"She's not an object or a prize you dolt, she's a person." Marinette smiled up at Damian.

"Well either way," Adrien started, "She needs to fix my ring." Marinette fumed and whipped around.

"Plagg has all his right to not come out! He's a smart cat. He doesn't have to deal with your bullshit!" Adrien scowled.

"Meouch Milady. That really hurt." Marinette glared daggers.

"Good. Maybe you'll learn not to be such an asshole! If you weren't a part of my life, I wouldn't have all these issues!" Damian, who has had enough, threw a couple shurikens at Adrien. Only one landed, on his stomach. It was deeply imbedded. He spat out blood and tried to lunge once more but failed. Damian lead Marinette out of the Alleyway. He grabbed her waist and aimed the grapple gun once again at the building, but it didn't work.

"Damn it." he banged it against the wall, with no avail. "It looks like we'll be walking home. Is that ok with you?" She nodded and he pulled her hood back up. "You don't want any of these people to see your face if you can. It can be dangerous." She nodded and grabbed his arm. He felt his face heat up. He looked at his watch. "It seems to be a half an hour walk."