Chapter Five

The rest of the cave seemed to be silent as though all of the boys were just awaiting her response. There seemed to be a sigh of relief shared between them at her breathed out answer. Although nothing could have prepared Nina for the look of pure masculine pride on Paul's face at her answer. Nina felt a sense of pure joy at the fact that she was able to please him in some way.

Without her even realizing it, her hand was lifting itself up to his face, and pulling him closer toward her. There was a small look of shock on his face at her forwardness. Nina was shocked at it, too, but she brushed it off.

Over the course of her life, she had never really gotten the chance to be herself. Malcolm had over the years molded her into the perfect little servant. Nina didn't realize how much she had lost herself until she met Paul and the boys as well as Max. They helped bring her back to life. Without them, she didn't want to know where she would be today.

Following an unknown instinct, Nina leaned up and nuzzled her face into his neck. The warm scent of spices seeped into her senses and she found herself relaxing into his arms. Not once in her life had she ever felt this safe, this protected, this...loved?

Nina was not sure what she was feeling right now. But her feelings for Paul were much more than just friendship. Sure, he was a vampire and has probably killed a few people, but Nina was sure that they deserved it in some way. Whenever she looked at Paul, she did not see him as a cold-blooded killer, but as a young man full of life.

It may seem crazy in a fairy tale wannabe way, but she couldn't help it. The closer she got to him, the more she felt herself begin to fall and she wasn't sure how she felt about that and how he felt about her. Burrowing her face deeper into his skin, she could feel him shudder underneath her. Laughing lightly, Nina pulled away from the warm, giving skin, and looked him in the eye.

They had a bit of a spark to them, a hungrier one more powerful than the usual mischief filled one. Her eyes, as though they had a will of their own, dropped down to his full lips as she wet her own. She shook her head to clear her head of those thoughts, and pulled away from his to look at the other boys. They were all staring at her with amusement in their eyes, and she soon found a blush growing on her cheeks at her own boldness.

Taking a deep breath, she whispered, knowing that they could easily hear her," Let's go have some fun."

The roar of four motorcycles could be heard echoing from the back roads leading to the boardwalk. People walking around could hear the laughter following the noise, and found themselves enchanted by it. People stopped to stare as the bikes became visible and rode upon the boardwalk.

There were four riders but five people all together. On the back of what appeared to be a Twisted Sister wannabe was a young girl that could not be more than seventeen years old. The people standing by were confused at the very sight of her. Among the cities worst and most recluse, she had a smile on her face. The weirdest of all was the fact that the boys all had smiles on their face.

As they parked their bikes near the boardwalk stairway, people continued to watch them. The girl hopped off of the back of Twisted Sister's bike but the bottom of her foot seemed to get caught on the bike, and so she began to fall backwards.

Before she fell to the ground, she was caught in the arms of Twisted. Even from a distance, they could clearly see the bright red blush stain her cheeks as her eyes lowered in embarrassment. Cupping her face in one hand, he leaned down and whispered something in her ear. A wide smile blossomed on the young girl's face at whatever he said and she nodded frantically at him. An answering smile spread across his face and with one hand still around her waist, he began to lead her into the parting crowd.