9: Voldemort has a cruuuush

*******************

During the meeting after Peter shut off his phone.

Tony P.O.V

I'm furious.

Eyepatch is making us -the Avengers- catch Spider-Man, catch Peter, and reveal his identity. All he does is swing around town, saving people, and this is how S.H.I.E.L.D rewards him?

Absolutely ridiculous.

The other Avengers agree. "I don't really get it." Says Steve, confused.

"It's ordered, so even if you don't get it or understand, we have to reveal his identity to S.H.I.E.L.D and figure out how and why he does all this-"

"You mean save people?" I cut in.

"Yes, save people and if he's a threat." Continues Fury. I've always hated his guts, but he just took on a whole other level of idiotic cyclops.

"He isn't a threat!" I start to say. "He goes around town saving people! This boy is purely good, there is no evil inside him."

Fury raises an eyebrow. "Do you know something Tony?" He asks.

I stay silent.

"Tony, if you know something about this 'Spider-Man, you need to tell us. He could be a threat to national security-"

"He isn't a threat."

"So you know who he is?" Asks Fury again.

"No." I force out. But I do know who the identity of Spider-Man is, I know who's under that mask. And I don't just mean his identity and what he looks like, I mean I know who he is on a personal level. I know how sweet Peter is, and that he wouldn't be capable of doing something terrible like Fury assumes he might.

"Good," Says Fury. "Now you go and find this 'Spider-Man', and bring him back here. understood?"

Everyone around the table nodded, some sighing, some evading an eyeroll- I, however, need to clench my fists by my sides in order to keep myself calm, and not spew rightfully earned obscenities at Cyclops over here. I wasn't trained with maintaining straight faces with the paparazzi for nothing.

Once he leaves, I get up first, stalking angrily out the room, probably leaving behind a stream of questions the other Avengers want to ask me, on account of my odd behavior. Everyone wants something from me, whether it's answers, advice, my money or time, I'm just a plaything for them.

Deep breath... do the cookie breathing Stephen taught you... In through the nose, I inhale, Smell in the cookie, Okay this is weird, hold it to savor the yummy-- And I exhale, stopping the shit I was just doing.

****************

Peter P.O.V

After work, I went home and received such a hard beating I passed out. And I know why May did it.

It's Ben's birthday.

At first, it was just punching and kicking. Then it got worse. She suffocated me, cut me, and burned me a little. And I got no dinner, and I have no money. I haven't eaten in three days, and with all the harsh beatings and Spider-Man trips, I'm afraid I won't make it to the end of the week.

I dragged myself to my room and put on my suit. I was keeping in the cries of pain, and when I finally got to a random roof, For maybe twenty minutes, I screamed in pain, sadness, anger, and frustration, sobbed my heart out until I just stopped and sat on the ledge, too tired to do anything, all my energy drained. Now, there is nothing. I feel numb again. I'm always numb, and devoid of emotion. I hate my life.