𝟷𝟼 ❁ 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this." Kie spoke, walking towards a group of people who sat on the grass, ready to watch a movie. Kayanna, JJ, and Pope walked beside her carrying lawn chairs. "Keep calm, carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Ecstatic."

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

The four teens began setting up their chairs, Kayanna setting hers up next to Kie, as far away from JJ and his gun as she could get. She didn't want to be annoying about it or cause a scene, but she also felt extremely uncomfortable near it.

"I'll go get drinks." Kie stated, starting towards a building nearby.

"I'll come, too." Kayanna spoke, following after her.

"Soo, did you have a good afternoon?" Kie asked with a small suspecting smile.

"Yeah it was alright. How was yours?" Kayanna replied nonchalantly. Or rather, attempting to be nonchalant.

"Come on," Kie deadpanned. "You were with Pope and JJ when I picked you all up." She paused, gauging Kayanna's reaction. "It looks to me like you're fitting right in."

More like she happened to be on Heyward's boat when his son decided to sink someone else's boat and now he and JJ wanted to keep her quiet.

"Uh, yeah I guess you could say that."

Kiara smirked at Kay before they reached the building. "Hey, can I get two Pepsi's please?" She asked the man at the table.

"Hey, Kie," Kayanna heard a voice from behind them. "Hey, what's up?" Rafe asked, joining the two. "How are you?"

He glanced from Kie to Kayanna feigning an innocence. Like he hadn't just assaulted Pope and Kayanna over nothing. Kayanna took a small step back. Kiara glanced at her, sensing her discomfort. "I'm fine."

"Good, good, uh, tell your boy we know what he did."

Kayanna's heart beat faster at his words, shifting her weight from one foot to the other and looking around.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?"

"He'll know."

Kie glanced at Kayanna before turning on her heel and walking away from him, Kay following her. "Asshole," Kie muttered under her breath as she walked back.

"Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, 'tell your boy that we know what he did.' What is that?" Kie told Pope and JJ, handing them their drinks.

Pope's eyes shot to Kayanna, an "oh shit, what happened" look in them. Kayanna averted her eyes, sitting down and staring at the still screen in front of her.

"Where is he?" JJ asked.

"Right there." Kie gestuted to where he stood with Rafe, Topper, and Kelce. Pope whipped his head around to stare at them. Very obviously.

"Great, the whole death squad."

"Don't stare, bro." JJ spoke, pushing Pope's head back around. "Just warning you, bro. If the corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slicin' and dicin'. I'm on edge right now." He continued. "If that doesn't work, I go This right here." He said holding up his backpack.

"Yeah, yeah. So we just gotta stay in the group. They can't come get us if we're in the group."

Kiara turned her head to Kay who was watching the scene unfold. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she scanned her face for answers.