𝟹𝟷 ❁ 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝

"Why are we at Barry's?" John B asked JJ from the passenger seat.

"This'll only take a second." JJ said, walking into the trailer.

"You know somebody should probably—"

"Yeah I got it." Kie spoke, following JJ inside.

"Good luck." John B said, raising his hand and saluting her.

"I really don't like this." Pope spoke, opening the van door and standing up. "We shouldn't be here."

"He said it'll only take a second." John B replied, opening his door and hanging his legs out. "Relax."

"I don't like it either, John B." Sarah agreed with Pope, standing up as well. "What if he comes back?"

"He won't. Not for a while. I chucked his keys."

"Reassuring."

Kayanna edged off her seat, slowly making her way to the open door of the van. Instead of standing with Pope and Sarah she decided to
sit, leaning on the open door next to her. Her recent rush of adrenaline had run out and she could fully feel the sharp pain in her side every time she took a breath. For that reason she focused on taking as small breaths as she could. The summer heat didn't help either. Her hair was wet with sweat and she could feel it dripping down her stomach under her shirt.

"So I guess when we get back we can figure out the plan for the gold tomorrow." John B stated from his seat.

Pope glanced at Kayanna, wondering if she was going to argue about the gold again but she didn't say anything. John B would never change his mind anyways. She was too tired to argue.

She just wanted to go home.

"Yeah I have a few ideas." Pope said, taking his eyes off Kayanna.

"Cool, so we can go to the chateau or the wreck or somewhere and figure it out."

"The wreck," Sarah spoke, leaning against the car next to John B. "I'm starving."

"Me too." John B smiled at her, pulling her hand closer to him.

"God, what's taking so long?"

As if on cue, JJ walked out of the trailer holding a black duffle bag. "Alright, we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry bout that y'all."

"JJ," Kie started, following after him with a pained look in her eyes.

"So that's what we're doing now? Robbing drug dealers?" Pope asked.

"This Barry guy is gonna find out, and he's gonna come after us."

"Yes he will. This is not the time to start wildin' out."

"How'd you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" JJ asked, his voice holding a certain anguish.

"Relax."

"He had it right here on you, bro." JJ spoke, getting closer to John B, tension in the air.

"Look, we've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit, we're putting it back." John B said, grabbing the duffle bag full of cash from JJ.

JJ grabbed John B's shirt and pushed him against the van, causing it to shake. Kayanna inhaled sharply at the unexpected movement that sent a new wave of pain.