Part Seven: A Tie

"Hmm, a tie?" You wave it in the air. You hear a nervous clearing of the throat before Matsuda speaks up.
"Er, th-that's mine." Hesitantly approaching you, a twitching smile touches his face. You hand him his tie, keeping hold of one end and lead him to Misa's room.

Letting go of the tie as you enter the room, Matsuda drops it on the floor as he focuses on you.
"So, ___..." His voice shakes as he picks the tie back up. His fingers struggle clumbsily as he tries to retie it. You giggle.
"Here, let me help!" You approach him confidently. His hands limply drop to his sides. His breathing is rapid as you reach up to fix his collar. Pausing, you smile up at him. He attempts to smile back but his face is unable to move from the expression of anxiety.

"What's got you so hot and bothered?" You finish fixing his tie, but keep a lose grip on it. His eyes move around the room, as if he's searching for an answer to your question.
"Eh? Er, no I'm fine, I mean- What?" His face turns red. Biting your lip, you hold back laughter. "It's just, you know, this game... Aren't we meant to, er..." Trailing off, he scratches the back of his neck.
"It's not compulsary, Matsuda." Letting go of his tie, you pat his chest reasuringly. He lets out a nervous laugh.
"I suppose you're right, ___. B-bu-but would you maybe l-like to do ss-something?" He cannot bring himself to look directly at you.

The corner of you mouth turns up in a smile. A hand finds his face, the other gently rests on his chest. Eyes widening, he looks down at you. Your eyes meet and stay with one another for a long moment.
"What're you waiting for then?" You whisper. He inhales quickly before moving his lips to yours. His body stiffens at first, but relaxes after a moment or two. His arms move around you, pulling you in to embrace you tightly. His fingers delicately dance on your back, causing you to shiver. He breaks away, panting heavily.
"Ha, not as scary as I thought!" He looks proud of himself. Scrunching your nose up, you bury your face against his chest. He places a soft kiss on top of your head.
"I'm so glad you picked me." He whispers, his face nuzzling into your hair.
"Why's that?" The hand on his chest grasps at his shirt so you can be closer to him.
"Because we got to do that!" He kisses your head again. You giggle.

Misa knocks on the door.
"Looks like time's up, you two!" She sings. You move away from Matsuda, taking his hand to lead him back to the living room. You sit side by side, his face still just as red as it was.